Waiting for interview invites at end of March?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bumpy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So is it really weird to still be waiting for possible interview invites at the end of March? I still have 6 schools that have not gotten back to me and I'm wondering if I should just email them to see what's going on. I know interviews run until the end of April for some schools...so maybe I should just wait a few more days? How likely is it that some of these schools overlooked or lost my application?

Members don't see this ad.

No one overlooked or lost your application

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So is it really weird to still be waiting for possible interview invites at the end of March? I still have 6 schools that have not gotten back to me and I'm wondering if I should just email them to see what's going on. I know interviews run until the end of April for some schools...so maybe I should just wait a few more days? How likely is it that some of these schools overlooked or lost my application?
Are they among the schools that accept update letters? Did you send one in already? Did you want to name the schools for better input?

I can only speak from my individual experience but I have a high LizzyM and about 3 top 20 interviews as well as a top 30-40 interview and an acceptance from a school with an avg LizzyM of 73, yet had no correspondence from my state school (where I have numbers above their averages). I called in February to see what was up because they were rejecting kids and putting them on hold. After I said that I had no correspondence since July, the lady in the office sounded very flustered and a few days later I received an II. I do wonder if-- given you have a pretty high LizzyM/competitive app--schools that typically matriculate kids with lower stats will wait to see if you demonstrate an interest in the program before wasting an interview on you.

THP, I think it's worth a call to the admissions office IF the school is the type to send rejections/hold notices actively throughout the cycle. If they don't, then I concur that it is likely a silent rejection.

No one lost or overlooked your application. Some schools never do an official rejection. One of the schools I applied to has finished interviewing, but my portal says I'm still under review. It might be helpful to check out the Allopathic (or Osteopathic) School Specific Discussions to see what other people are saying about the schools that you are waiting on.

Have you gotten any interviews? If not, what did you application look like? What schools did you apply to?

Hey guys,

I got rejected to one school while I was in medical school

Reactions: 12 users