Waiting for Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Josh03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who applied to Jefferson had to wait a very long time to hear back from them regarding an interview? My app was complete September 16, maybe even a little before that and I haven't heard back.

Members don't see this ad.

My app was complete mid-late October and I also have not heard anything. I have a friend there also, who wrote me a rec too.

My file was complete with them the end of August, and I didn't receive an interview invite until the end of October. My interview is mid December...I am not sure if that was the soonest they could fit me in or not.

Call them up and get it from the horse's mouth.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete in mid- September and was invited to interview mid- October and I interviewed on Nov. 20.

Has anyone interviewed at Jefferson and is waiting? I asked this before and got a few responses but was wondering what the average wait time is?

Do they meet every week and make decisions??

Thanks!

SS

My application was complete in July, I was invited to an interview in August, interviewed in September, and I'm still waiting to hear anything...I called them about a month after my interview and they told me to be "patient".

What is this "patient" concept, I am not familiar....

Applied July, invited for interview in August, been pushing it back, so it's still a few weeks away.

Call 'em! =)

Originally posted by ShortStuff
I was complete in mid- September and was invited to interview mid- October and I interviewed on Nov. 20.

Has anyone interviewed at Jefferson and is waiting? I asked this before and got a few responses but was wondering what the average wait time is?

Do they meet every week and make decisions??

Thanks!

SS

I interviewed there in mid-October, and I just heard a few days ago (Got in!!!! :clap: thank God!). But I remember when I was there that they told us that 4 weeks is about the normal turnaround, so they were pretty accurate in that respect. So give it a few weeks. I know the waiting sucks big time though....just hang in there

Thanks! I will try to be patient....

Originally posted by Molybdenum
I took the aug mcat, file completed end of october. Still no word from them yet. Did they send interview invite by email or snail mail?

I got my invite by email, with a letter sent as an attachment.

Oh, and this may help some of you... Jefferson only does interviews on one day a week, so that may be why their notification may take a different amount of time than other schools you may have heard from already. So, with only 4 interview days a month, they may just spread out the invites over a longer period. I don't know if that really affects anything though, just a thought...

hey everyone, so i was complete in late july, invited for an interview in september, and it was scheduled for 6 weeks later (oct 30). I found out I was accepted via snail mail less than two weeks later... so hang in there! They can have a very fast turn around, but it may be due to how long it takes your interviewer to fill out their evaluation.