Waiting for LOMA LINDA!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

instigata

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So anybody hear from Loma Linda recently? I interviewed early december but still have yet to hear back. The admissions committee won't budge on giving me an expected date to hear from them even though I have asked them repeatedly. Anybody else in the same situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried prayer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to say that I can relate. I interviewed on Dec. 5 and still no word... I called the admissions office last week and asked for a status update and they told me that my file was currently UNDER REVIEW and that it would remain there until a final decision is made. I wish I knew how often the admissions committee meets!!! Hang in there and I wish you the best...hopefully we will hear soon.

Just wanted to say that I can relate. I interviewed on Dec. 5 and still no word... I called the admissions office last week and asked for a status update and they told me that my file was currently UNDER REVIEW and that it would remain there until a final decision is made. I wish I knew how often the admissions committee meets!!! Hang in there and I wish you the best...hopefully we will hear soon.

Thanks for posting!

Dude how did you ask them? Whenever I ask them when to expect to hear back, they just say anytime from now until March...OOOO THANKS!!!! That REALLY helps. :rolleyes: I guess we just have to wait it out dude. Anyways, good luck!

Is Loma Linda still interviewing?

I think that way that LLU works is that Dr. Nyirady flies to all the Adventist colleges from Sep. to early Dec. and interviews them. Around the end of that time, they start interviewing other applicants. The admissions committee meets just about the 2nd week every week, and they usually call on that Friday. So if you are looking for a call, look for it around the 2nd week of each month.

I think that way that LLU works is that Dr. Nyirady flies to all the Adventist colleges from Sep. to early Dec. and interviews them. Around the end of that time, they start interviewing other applicants. The admissions committee meets just about the 2nd week every week, and they usually call on that Friday. So if you are looking for a call, look for it around the 2nd week of each month.

Thanks for the 411 doctajay!

Hey can I ask you a question? You seem really interested in LLU...are you Adventist? Do you live in the area? What makes you like the school so much? Also, lol, are you African American or do you just like Tupac?

Hey can I ask you a question? You seem really interested in LLU...are you Adventist? Do you live in the area? What makes you like the school so much? Also, lol, are you African American or do you just like Tupac?

Hey haha awesome questions! I am not Adventist, but I do have a pretty strong religious background, which is actually a very big part of why I want to go to LLU. Also, it is in California! How can you beat California weather (I realized this from my interviews in the east coast),

When I went to the school on the interview day, I wasn't sure what to expect. But the school REALLY left a positive impression on me in terms of curriculum, current students' moods, my interviewers (student interviewer was REALLY NICE), etc. And no I'm not African American, but I still LOVE tupac :D

Also, I meant to ask you...do you know if the admissions committee still meets on every second week of the month or was that just for the SDA part of the interview season? THANKS!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I meant to ask you...do you know if the admissions committee still meets on every second week of the month or was that just for the SDA part of the interview season? THANKS!
Thanks for answering the questions man...I was hoping you wouldn't get offended :) . But yeah, I actually have no idea if they have separate adcomm meetings for Adventist and non-Adventist applicants; although I doubt they do. That would just be too much work.

One of my buddies had a second interview out there last week and hasn't heard back yet. But I assume they are still accepting people otherwise I don't think they would have had him come out there to interview. Also i know people who didn't get accepted until late march or maybe even early april last year.

I think Loma Linda is notoriously slow in getting back to applicants. I interviewed there last year and didn't hear back for at least a couple months.

Man that makes me feel a lot better...Hopefully some good news awaits me in the near future...if anything this has taught me how to a very aptient individual. Good luck to all who are waiting on a pre or post-interview decision...

Is Loma Linda still interviewing?

I called them today and asked if they were still inviting people for interviews and she said yes. I was too chicken to ask anything else. :D

I think there might be another batch of calls this upcoming Friday. If my SO hears something I'll be break dancing in the middle of my biology department. I can't remember all the details, but Dr. Nyirady came to out school once and he mentioned how they started meeting to accept applicants in December, and they meet every month until this month, February. Then they take a little break and meet back up in April to accept more students. I really hope that that break part is just poor remembrance on my part, but it may not be.

I think there might be another batch of calls this upcoming Friday. If my SO hears something I'll be break dancing in the middle of my biology department. I can't remember all the details, but Dr. Nyirady came to out school once and he mentioned how they started meeting to accept applicants in December, and they meet every month until this month, February. Then they take a little break and meet back up in April to accept more students. I really hope that that break part is just poor remembrance on my part, but it may not be.

Hey jay,
Thanks so much for the info! I just have one question, I remember somebody (I think it was you) saying that they meet every 2nd week of the month and make calls that friday. Did I misinterpret this?

And that break TOTALLY sucks. I hope it's not true :(

I got called on dec. 15, and I believe that my friends got called on or around Jan. 15, so I would look for it more so around that date, but once again, this could all be anecdotal evidence...so please don't be mad if it doesn't happen, lol. I'm telling you man, if the Lord wants you there, you'll be there; this is all a patience/faith building process, and in the end you will only be able to attribute your acceptance to Him. Make you post if you get in!

LLU is still interviewing..i got an invite for late Feb.

good luck.

im still waiting i interviewed on 1/24 how about you?

for those who interviewed at loma linda can i see your stats?

for those who interviewed at loma linda can i see your stats?

This is off of www.mdapplicants.com

05759 a UC, 31 MCAT, 0.00 GPA, applied 2007
06804 Andrews University, 33 MCAT, 3.96 GPA, applied 2007
05372 Oakwood College, 27 MCAT, 3.96 GPA, applied 2007
07114 Stanford University, 35 MCAT, 3.71 GPA, applied 2007
06087 UCLA, 34 MCAT, 3.70 GPA, applied 2007
05873 University of California, ?, 36 MCAT, 0.00 GPA, applied 2007
07359 University of California, Irvine, 31 MCAT, 3.87 GPA, applied 2007
04039 Weber State University, 29 MCAT, 3.76 GPA, applied 2007
07509 Wheaton College, 31 MCAT, 3.93 GPA, applied 2007

Thos are the listed stats of people who go tinterviews.

I interviewed at Loma Linda 2/6 and Dr. Nyirady called to give me an acceptance yesterday (2/16).

Stats: undergrad sucked (3.0-ish..I try to not rememeber), but I had a good postbacc gpa (3.86). MCAT was 34Q (11P, 12V, 11B). I'm not SDA, but over four years expereince working in clinical research and good recommendation from LLU alum and ex-faculty.

Still no word, hopefully this coming week? Anyone else hear back...based on previous threads acceptance phone calls seem to go out around this time of month.

I interviewed at LLU Dec 5th and I got a call on Friday. I got in :)

FYI, my stats:

UC Berkeley grad 2006, 33 MCAT, 3.93 GPA

And I was just curious...are most people who end up going there SDA?

Hey DoctaJay, just curious if you happen to know whether or not acceptance phone calls go out only once a month or do they go out in batches on various days towards the end of the month. I noticed that in Dec. and Jan. there were calls on different days..any info would help. Thanks

Hey! Its been my experience that they usually meet around the 15th/second week of every month, and they call that Friday. I got called Dec. 15, my friends got called on January 12 (i think), and folks got called this month on the 16th. I truly don't know everything about LLU's workings. All I know is what I've observed..I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

Hey just wanted to let you all know that one of my buddies who interviewed out at LLU about a month ago (hes SDA) got a call on friday accepting him. So there is still hope

Still waiting to hear back from them...should I visit the campus since I live in LA?

Instigata, I just realized I never got back to you... sorry about that. To answer some of your guy's questions on Loma Linda though, it really does help out your application if you are SDA. If you are not SDA, you should try to convey that you want to become a physician to help others, and live a life of service. I don't know about interviews going on still, but do know that it is true that Dr. Nyirady goes to all the Adventist Colleges. He came up and interviewed at Walla Walla sometime in October. If you go to an Adventist school than you pretty much automatically get an interview when Dr. Nyirady comes to town. I know several people who got their acceptances in December from Walla Walla, and then four of us heard in the middle of January. I am pretty sure that the committee meets once a month, sometime in the middle. I also know several people who got their acceptances to Loma Linda last year in the middle of June last year, so there is always hope!

Do alot of the people who get accepted to loma linda end up going there? I know its not the best medical school around and so I figure probably quite a few might opt to go elsewhere. Anyone know if thats the case at all?

Do alot of the people who get accepted to loma linda end up going there? I know its not the best medical school around and so I figure probably quite a few might opt to go elsewhere. Anyone know if thats the case at all?

Doh! :eek:

Just wanted to let you know LLU is still interviewing. I came back from another interview to find a letter waiting for me. They just got back to me yesterday after I gave them a call. My interview is for March 19th. L Edwards mentioned they would be interviewing until April. So hang in there.

Actually, I think that LLU is pretty respected. They don't turn in any information to USNEWS because they don't want to, but alot of research is conducted there and they are known internationally for alot of work that is done there. But hey, its more so if you are happy there than whether its ranked.

Actually, I think that LLU is pretty respected. They don't turn in any information to USNEWS because they don't want to, but alot of research is conducted there and they are known internationally for alot of work that is done there. But hey, its more so if you are happy there than whether its ranked.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just wanted to let you know LLU is still interviewing. I came back from another interview to find a letter waiting for me. They just got back to me yesterday after I gave them a call. My interview is for March 19th. L Edwards mentioned they would be interviewing until April. So hang in there.

When were you complete? :D

I was completed in mid nov. As you can tell, I wasn't expecting that interview invite.

I really can't say why it took so long for them to go through my file. LOL...Maybe it got lost and they found it. In that case, I'm happy.

Does anyone know the start date for loma linda? On their brochure, the curriculum chart shows that they start in the summer of the first year.

there is a blogger from LLU on SDN blogs, and last year they started school like the first week of august. I don't think classes actually start till 2 weeks later because we are in the hospital. So i am predicting (from reading his blog) that we will have our white coat ceremoney on August 2nd, and a ceremony/consecretion on August 3rd.

there is a blogger from LLU on SDN blogs, and last year they started school like the first week of august. I don't think classes actually start till 2 weeks later because we are in the hospital. So i am predicting (from reading his blog) that we will have our white coat ceremoney on August 2nd, and a ceremony/consecretion on August 3rd.

I received a packet from LLU last week and they said the orientation/registration is scheduled for August 2nd and 3rd. Nice prediction DoctaJay! :laugh:

I was complete in mid December and I got the letter feb 7. Weird thing is that they still didn't give me an interview date? After I called the office, the secretary kept saying that L Edwards will call me with a date, and its been 2 weeks now. Should I be worried?

Those of you who are interviewing/have interviewed with LLU, would you mind posting your stats and whether or not you are Seventh Day Adventist? I'm wondering if I should give up hope since I have been complete since October....:(