Waiting for LOMA LINDA!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright I'm the 200th reply on this thred (201 overall)....and still waiting for an answer...:( ...I called them today and she said that they haven't decided on my application. She was very short and to the point. I still pray for hope.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to those of you that got accepted and those still in the game. I'm at Dominica right now ready to attend Ross. I got a rejection letter today. My mom opened it. I kinda guessed, but it totally sucks anyways.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Congrats to those of you that got accepted and those still in the game. I'm at Dominica right now ready to attend Ross. I got a rejection letter today. My mom opened it. I kinda guessed, but it totally sucks anyways.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Sorry to hear Medmania :( But hey at least you have an acceptance and that's all that counts!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry Medmania. I just spoke with a friend of mine, he got rejected on the 24th. Is anyone still waiting for word like me?

I haven't heard anything either. I think my mailman is slow.

shadowclaws did you get an interview? I read back to see if you had got one, but wasn't sure if you got an interview yet. If you did, maybe you should call Monday and see if you can get more out of the office than I did (which was nothing).

Well----May 15th is here! Any news for waitlisters? I am guessing we won't hear anything until the beginning of June but I wanted to revive my favorite thread. I have a feeling I will be waiting for a lot longer!

I love this game!:love:

i'm waiting for loma linda as well.

i do know that their adcom doesn't meet again until the end of june--so no one will be hearing anything until early july, i don't believe. that's the way it worked last year, at least.

crossing my fingers and praying for everyone!

Still waiting for another month.....just decided to bump this thread up a bit.

Adcom met yesturday....I got in!

Hey guys, Im new to this forum. I got in as well for the 07 Class. Im from the MD/DC area. See you guys out there in less than two months!! God is good!!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I wasn't on the waitlist.....hadn't heard a thing until Friday. My friends roomate also got accepted on Friday and wasn't on the waitlist. I really don't understand how Loma Linda works. Good luck to everyone else. (See you Spartan!)

I wasn't on the waitlist either. I was interviewed late, May 9th because I was in Africa teaching. Good luck to those who are still waiting!!

Are all of you guys SDA's or christian? Spartanwarrior? I am just wondering if it is even worth it for someone who is not an SDA or christian to apply to Loma Linda.

Im SDA, yes, but it depends if you believe in the motto of Loma Linda, "To make man whole." Loma Linda is oriented towards mission service etc....but has excellent research opportunities and a stellar faculty. Great reputation. They receive alot of money from the government, NIH for research grants mainly in cancer. Great residency opportunities as well. It's all in what you want.

i got my call on friday, but was on a plane so officially got accepted today! congrats everyone.

to those still waiting, i wasn't waitlisted, they accepted my application with a very late (april 16) mcat, i didn't decide to go to med school til late...so that's my story.

i got my call on friday, but was on a plane so officially got accepted today! congrats everyone.

to those still waiting, i wasn't waitlisted, they accepted my application with a very late (april 16) mcat, i didn't decide to go to med school til late...so that's my story.

Congratulation! I assume you will be going then?

Are all of you guys SDA's or christian? Spartanwarrior? I am just wondering if it is even worth it for someone who is not an SDA or christian to apply to Loma Linda.

I too am SDA. I also concur with spartan. I have a low mcat score, however my work in church made up for it. Loma Linda does give preference to SDA but if you are Christian you have a decent chance. About half of the students at Loma Linda are not SDA and many of whom are not even Christian.

I was in Ecuador on a mission trip last Friday when they called me so I was officially accepted on Monday as well. I am also SDA and went to one of the SDA colleges which helped a lot because my GPA wasn't that great but all my mission work and faculty recommendations made the difference. I think Loma Linda is doing a great job of keeping to the objective of recruiting christian students to carry out their mission of service. Congratulations to all who have been accepted and I can't wait to meet you in the Fall.

LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

-CLASS OF 2011-

Strange question....but were you coming back from a mission trip, or just on vacation? Seems the latest acceptances have either gone to those who taught in another country or to those who have been on some other form of a mission trip. I too have been in three countries as a missionary. Reading their messages caught my attention. Just wondering if they gave out acceptances on basis of mission work, but I could be wrong. If so, it could be an option to future applicants.

no, i wasn't on missions, just a late bloomer! i talked with dr. nyirady and everybody at the office early on last year to let them know my plan and they were ok with it. i'm thankful to get in and not have to spend another year out!

oh, and badasshairday i think about 50% or so of the class is nonadventist, although you do have an advantage for getting in if you are adventist. it's worth applying if you have a good mcat, gpa, etc. but also consider if you REALLY want to go there.

wow, You got in with an April 16th MCAT?? Did you do well? I took the January 29th MCAT and thought I was too late. I was only considered for this year becaues I was retaking in January. Was it the same for you? Why did you decide to do med school late? What's your story?:)

I was in Ecuador on a mission trip last Friday when they called me so I was officially accepted on Monday as well. I am also SDA and went to one of the SDA colleges which helped a lot because my GPA wasn't that great but all my mission work and faculty recommendations made the difference. I think Loma Linda is doing a great job of keeping to the objective of recruiting christian students to carry out their mission of service. Congratulations to all who have been accepted and I can't wait to meet you in the Fall.

LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

-CLASS OF 2011-

hey, what were you doing in Ecuador and how long were you there for? Also, twolfbear, where were you a missionary and what did you do there? For how long in each place.

Congratulations to those in the class of 2011!!;)

I was in Ecuador building a church on a Maranatha mission trip. It was a group of three different SDA churches in this area and we were there for two weeks but we finished the church in 6 days so we rested on Sabbath and vacationed the rest of the time. I hate how that sounds to be on such a long vacation during a mission trip, but promise, it wasn't about the perks.:D

Similar to writesamuel I've been on three short term mission trips. One to Nicaragua, another to Costa Rica, and lastly to Jamaica. I also went through Maranatha and built churches and schools.

I sent out all my information that I recieved from the packet except the shot record which will be complete on Friday. Do we have to send them a letter stating that we accept the offer? Or was that what we did by phone?

I sent out all my information that I recieved from the packet except the shot record which will be complete on Friday. Do we have to send them a letter stating that we accept the offer? Or was that what we did by phone?
Hey Congrats!! I think we interviewed on the same day right? It must've been a good day!!
If you filled out everything in the packet, one of them was an acceptance...at least there was one in mine. If you're not sure, give it a week and call the office.

I know I was accepted, I just wasn't sure if we were suppose to send something to them besides all the other paper work telling them that indeed we are attending this fall. Anyway, see you guys soon.

i am a senior in highschool and i was wondering what are the SAT scores Loma Linda?