Waiting for match results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abby Atwood

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like my bones have left my body...
How are you doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I hear you.. Feeling impatient. :nailbiting::dead:Luckily, next week will come sooner than you think!

Should have started Xanax prior to one month - pharmacy jokes lolol

It really is nerve-racking and this is coming from somebody who is really calm

I heard that some programs might email you if you were to match prior to the result showing on the NMS website. Does this mean they will know the results ahead of next Friday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should have started Xanax prior to one month - pharmacy jokes lolol

It really is nerve-racking and this is coming from somebody who is really calm

I heard that some programs might email you if you were to match prior to the result showing on the NMS website. Does this mean they will know the results ahead of next Friday?

I believe programs find out on the same day

So much anxiety. I've already had 3 dreams about getting match results (let's call 1 of those a nightmare).

Everyone tells me just relax and go out and eat/drink/hit gym. It helps pass time a little

I read somewhere programs find out a day before match day so they have time to put together any correspondence or do whatever they need to do (?). No idea if that is true or not but I'm pretty sure no one is allowed to talk about matches to candidates before NMS officially notifies candidates of results

So much anxiety. I've already had 3 dreams about getting match results (let's call 1 of those a nightmare).

Everyone tells me just relax and go out and eat/drink/hit gym. It helps pass time a little

I read somewhere programs find out a day before match day so they have time to put together any correspondence or do whatever they need to do (?). No idea if that is true or not but I'm pretty sure no one is allowed to talk about matches to candidates before NMS officially notifies candidates of results
I'm pretty sure that's not true. I'm a PGY1 and both my residency director and I are anxiously awaiting March 17th. He said he emailed me as soon as he found out last year, which was right after I found out. I'm almost positive everyone finds or at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

I feel that is potentially true because I have heard of people getting emails from their RPD the same day NMS releases match, but the RPD email came before the NMS email lol..but I think that was also because last year I heard there was a glitch so some people got emails at 7:51am, others got some by 12pm...so I hope this year it's just all released the same time.

so anxious.. contemplating having a few cocktails Thursday night so I can fall asleep. I really hope that all match emails get sent out early, if I don't get an email by like 7am I may have a full on panic attack.

so anxious.. contemplating having a few cocktails Thursday night so I can fall asleep. I really hope that all match emails get sent out early, if I don't get an email by like 7am I may have a full on panic attack.

last year it was sent out at 7:51am. lol 12pm have the panic attack if you don't have it by then.

do you know if they send emails to people who don't match?

From what I have heard, you do get an email. It looks similar and it will say no match in it or something to that extent.

In addition to the email, match results will also be posted on your NMS profile (the same place you ranked your programs). I would think that your profile would be updated at the same time you receive the email.

Can imagine the amount of traffic that the NMS website will have on that day - hope all goes well and no such delays happen

Thanks for everybody for clearing up those concerns!

Best of luck to everybody

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm super nervous as well! I keep trying to mentally prepare myself for phase II if I don't match. Best of luck to all, only one more week!

I'm pretty sure that's not true. I'm a PGY1 and both my residency director and I are anxiously awaiting March 17th. He said he emailed me as soon as he found out last year, which was right after I found out. I'm almost positive everyone finds or at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Do most programs contact the matched resident that day?

I can't stop thinking about match day. It's like every decision I make is followed by me wondering if I'll match and if I do, where.

What's some things that stuck out during your interview that made you feel like a certain hospital was "the one" or had a "great fit"

Reactions: 1 users
last year it was sent out at 7:51am. lol 12pm have the panic attack if you don't have it by then.
Technically, people living in the Alaska time zone will find out at 8:00 am their time :) people in the Alaska-Hawaii time zone will find out at 7:00 am

Last edited:
Technically, people living in the Alaska time zone will find out at 8:00 am their time :) people in the Alaska-Hawaii time zone will find out at 7:00 am

Ah, so true. 7 days and counting and I'm just ....ready to pull the bandaid and find out.

I can't stop thinking about match day. It's like every decision I make is followed by me wondering if I'll match and if I do, where.

What's some things that stuck out during your interview that made you feel like a certain hospital was "the one" or had a "great fit"

I think for me - it was the fact that I felt the most natural around them. That I didn't feel nervous that they were 'ranking me'. It felt like I was talking to preceptors and mentors that were there to support me and help me grow as a resident.

There were a few places that made me feel part of a big family. One RPD in particular knew my entire CV and LOI like that back of her hand and she talked about her previous residents like they were her children. Definitely gave the impression that it was a environment for growth and development

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I feel like my bones have left my body...
How are you doing?
Does anyone know why pharmacy residency notifications don't work like medicine residency notifications in that med students receive notice of matching a few days before they find out where they've matched?

Does anyone know why pharmacy residency notifications don't work like medicine residency notifications in that med students receive notice of matching a few days before they find out where they've matched?
I wish we knew, but I'm glad our process isn't like med students. The SOAP rounds sound like a bit of a nightmare. Med students have to find out on the 13th or the they wouldn't be able to complete the SOAP rounds 1-3 on the 14th through the 16th.
http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Match-Week-and-SOAP-Schedule.pdf

So can you guys access your rank order list anymore? Just to look at it. For some reason, it's making me nervous that I can no longer look at it

So can you guys access your rank order list anymore? Just to look at it. For some reason, it's making me nervous that I can no longer look at it

I can't and it drove me crazy too. But all the little flag icons are green at least.

Weekend is almost over - have a great rotation week everyone. Here's to happy news at the end of the week.

Does anyone know if it is true that notifications for "No Match" status actually comes out first?
Not sure, but I want to know, too! Haha. I looked at the posts people made following the 2016 match, and one person who did not match said he/she got an email at 7:15 a.m., whereas some people who matched got their emails at 7:50 a.m. So... not sure if it was just a coincidence or fact. Anyone else have any insight?

Must say the recent emails sent by NMS were reassuring. I guess Friday will come before we know it!

As for the above posts yeah I can no longer see my rank list either - asked around apparently that was the case also last year that's just how it works (its nothing to worry about basically)

Getting more and more antsy by the minute! Everyone keeps saying to stay calm, but that's difficult when you have no idea where you're going to be in 3 months.

T-34 hours :O good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
I wish I could just fall asleep and fast-forward to tomorrow morning already.... Good luck everyone!

Also knowing the lottery is already complete, the results are already determined. Ahhhhh waiting is the worst

Today feels like it is dragging and I haven't even started yet :(

Distracting myself has definitely helped a bit (gym time, rotation, reading...) but tonight I'll be going out with some close friends. I can barely stay calm! But at least I'll have some fun to not think about it!

I've definitely had every type of emotion today regarding Match Day. Can't wait until we all find out. Good Luck everyone!!!:D:nailbiting::whistle:

Good luck! And no, we sites don't find out the day before. :xf::luck:

Reactions: 2 users