May Madness?!

  • I have already withdrawn all but one acceptance, I am not waiting for May 15

    Votes: 10 16.1%
  • I will probably be waiting until May 15th to make my final decision and withdrawl my acceptances

    Votes: 28 45.2%
  • I am hoping to get off a waitlist May 15 (and have no other acceptances)

    Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I am waiting to get off a waitlist on May 15th but have another acceptance

    Votes: 23 37.1%

  • Total voters
    62
Oct 17, 2009
311
0
0
Status
Pre-Medical
So close... but so far away! Who is waiting for May 15th to make their final decision? Or hoping to get off a waitlist?
 

mdeast

7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2009
2,374
61
171
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So close... but so far away! Who is waiting for May 15th to make their final decision? Or hoping to get off a waitlist?
I've pretty much already made my decision, but I probably won't withdraw until May 15th. Unexpected things can happen, so I'm trying to keep my geographical options open for the time being.

I am hoping to get in off the waitlist, but I don't expect to.


Stanford :love:
Love me back.
 

mannyowens

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2009
103
1
141
Status
Medical Student
Yup, waiting on May 15th to make final decision. but I might make it before that if i get my financial aid package before that date. Thats the last piece of the puzzle for me
 
Jun 21, 2009
223
3
0
Status
Medical Student
Vanderbilt pleeeaaasee. I actually checked the weather there during their second look weekend, hoping it would be bad and people would hate it and withdraw.
 
Jul 19, 2009
90
0
41
Status
Pre-Medical
I picked 'waiting til May 15th to withdraw,' but I am hoping to make a final decision before then. The two missing pieces of information for me are second-look impressions, which will happen over the next 3 weekends, and financial aid packages, which I hope will all be available by early May. It's great to have options, but I can't wait to figure out where I am going so I can stop feeling guilty about holding extra acceptances and start planning the next phase of my life.
 

housefish26

5+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2009
215
5
91
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I've already made my decision but I'm too scared to withdraw my other acceptance. I just know that the second I withdraw it I'll get an e-mail from my top choice school saying, "Sorry Mr. Fish26, it seems there was an error in the computer system and you were not meant to be accepted. Our sincerest apologies."

Maybe I'll just go to both schools, just in case.
 

futureNCmed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2009
240
2
91
Raleigh, NC
Status
Medical Student
I've already made my decision but I'm too scared to withdraw my other acceptance. I just know that the second I withdraw it I'll get an e-mail from my top choice school saying, "Sorry Mr. Fish26, it seems there was an error in the computer system and you were not meant to be accepted. Our sincerest apologies."

Maybe I'll just go to both schools, just in case.

LOL that's what I was scared of when I got my second acceptance!!! It's a completely rational fear, and I'm sure it's happened before.... but there are ways to double check. Call up your #1 admissions office and simply ask them if everything is in line for you to matriculate in August. That's what I did... I tried to be sly about it at first, but I eventually broke down and explained that I had another acceptance but was so freaked out about denying it b/c I wanted to make sure I still had a seat there. The admissions lady laughed and said calls like this were more common then I would think then she assured me my acceptance was legit and I still had a seat. I immediately called the other school and turned down their offer of acceptance.

I know there are lots of people out there who have legit reasons for holding on to more then one acceptance (financial aid differences or just holding on while you truely try to decide between two different schools)
but if you KNOW you would never go to one school over another and you're holding acceptances from both - be courtious to your peers and decline the acceptance! There are so many worthy applicants out there biting their fingernails and freaking out right know while they wait for waitlist movement to decide their fate.

In lamest terms: either $h*t or get off the seat :D unless of course you have legit reasons for staying on the pot... in which case make your decisions ASAP!!!

Congrats to all with acceptance and GOOD LUCK to those still waiting!!! :luck:
 

Untraditional

Making bad career decisions since 2003
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2009
459
22
101
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Technically I'm waiting on financial aid offers. I hope they come before May 15 so I can make my final decision and get started relocating.
 

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
1,362
41
111
Status
Medical Student
LOL that's what I was scared of when I got my second acceptance!!! It's a completely rational fear, and I'm sure it's happened before.... but there are ways to double check. Call up your #1 admissions office and simply ask them if everything is in line for you to matriculate in August. That's what I did... I tried to be sly about it at first, but I eventually broke down and explained that I had another acceptance but was so freaked out about denying it b/c I wanted to make sure I still had a seat there. The admissions lady laughed and said calls like this were more common then I would think then she assured me my acceptance was legit and I still had a seat. I immediately called the other school and turned down their offer of acceptance.

I know there are lots of people out there who have legit reasons for holding on to more then one acceptance (financial aid differences or just holding on while you truely try to decide between two different schools)
but if you KNOW you would never go to one school over another and you're holding acceptances from both - be courtious to your peers and decline the acceptance! There are so many worthy applicants out there biting their fingernails and freaking out right know while they wait for waitlist movement to decide their fate.

In lamest terms: either $h*t or get off the seat :D unless of course you have legit reasons for staying on the pot... in which case make your decisions ASAP!!!

Congrats to all with acceptance and GOOD LUCK to those still waiting!!! :luck:



<------------- this guy