waiting for secondaries from UC's???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pwrpfgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a slight moment of panic - is anyone else still waiting on secondaries from any of the UC's?? It just occurred to me that I submitted AMCAS almost two months ago and still haven't heard from any of them except for UCSD. Am I already rejected??? :( Am I stressing out for no reason?

anyone in the same boat as me??

Members don't see this ad.

Not heard from any UCs either. Submitted mid June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here, here......I haven't had a response from the UC's either. I've heard from just about every school except for the UC's.

only heard from UC Irvine, but none others. been obsessing over checking the websites, but no news. i'm worried because i see lots of people have got secondaries and some have even interviewed at UCSD!

i'm waiting for ucla and ucsf:(

Make sure you are checking their status website. I only found out about my ucsd and ucsf secondary requests because i happened to check my status on their websites.

I'm still waiting on ucla. as far as i know uci and ucd are waiting on august mcat scores(i'm an aug mcater so this may not apply to you.) not sure whats up with ucla.

i am also a reapplicant and last year i got screwed by all the uc's except ucsf and uci. i would say that if u haven't had a request for a secondary from the uc's yet don't hit the panic button yet.
if mid november rolls around and your status still hasn't shown a request for a secondary then i would panic. everyone I knew last year that (myself included) didn't have a request for a secondary by mid nov was eventually denied.

I too have not heard from the UC's yet..just that they have my UC app. Those that post the month(s) when they submitted...are you referring to your AMCAS or your UC application? Most are going by the UC app except for UCLA and UCSD from what I know. Sucks when everybody else has their stinkin secondaries from the UC's...but I'm not bitter ;)

For UCSF, are they sending passwords out after they have your UC application?

I sent in my amcas and UC application in July but I don't have a password to access the page yet..or is the page just for secondaries?

I'm an AUGUST MCATER

I sent in my amcas and UC application in July but I don't have a password to access the page yet..or is the page just for secondaries?

To access the status webpage you only need your amcas ID#. social sec, or birthdate(or some combination of these numbers. different for each uc.)

There is no "password" that is sent to you by the school to access the status webpage.

oops sorry...there is no password sent to you because you have to choose your own password the first time you check your status

I've only heard from UCI and UCSD, and I applied to all california schools. Do you know if UCD has a status page online?

for people who have received invitations to fill out the secondary for UCSF, when was your UC app. received and when were you given the invitation?
my AMCAS was 8/20, my UC was 8/27, has anybody at or around my date received a secondary yet?

Ive received all of them except UCLA. From what I know, I think it's only UCSD that waits for your amcas.............the other UC's go off of your UC application.

Jetson

when was your UC app. received and when were you given the invitation?

UCSF
AMCAS Data 8/14/2002
University of California Application 8/16/2002
Secondary Application Requested 9/20/2002

UCSD
Application Received: 08 / 13 / 2002
Approved for Secondary App: 09 / 05 / 2002

straight off my status page.

still waiting on the rest and counting the days before aug mcat scores are online.

I've only heard from UCI and UCSD...... still waiting for the others... *sigh*

ok, phew, i feel a lot better now!! i'm not the only one in limbo. i got nervous when i heard that some of the UC's just leave you hanging until it's too late to submit secondaries - then you get to figure out for yourself that you're not wanted :( i'm not an august MCATer and had all the applications in by late July. :sigh: I guess I'll just keep waiting (and trying to check my status only ONCE a day!).
:)

i've only heard from ucsf.
(am an august mcater though)

I only got a secondary from UC Irvine and sent everything back in July! Starting to feel pessimistic for sure.

Today, I checked UCLA and suddenly I see that they have indicated they received my letters of rec, but I never asked for them to be sent!!! I got real hopeful that maybe they were wanting a secondary from me and just messed up their database. However, it turns out that they mistook my transcripts for letters of recommendation and they still haven't asked for a secondary.

:(