Waiting for the Columbia letter is giving me an ulcer. Where's my ranitidine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lestat12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone still waiting on Columbia, or what? I have a 3.55 GPA and a 23/24/18 dat and interviewed in later October, so I'm thinking I might have a shot. I'm hoping their package didn't get lost in the mail or something. Mind you I live in Canada so if USPS is really true to their word it could vry from 4-7 days and then the additional amount of time Canada Post take to sort their mail. So, anyone else out there still checking the good ol' mailbox for that elusive letter or is it just me? :)

Members don't see this ad.

lestat12 said:
Anyone still waiting on Columbia, or what? I have a 3.55 GPA and a 23/24/18 dat and interviewed in later October, so I'm thinking I might have a shot. I'm hoping their package didn't get lost in the mail or something. Mind you I live in Canada so if USPS is really true to their word it could vry from 4-7 days and then the additional amount of time Canada Post take to sort their mail. So, anyone else out there still checking the good ol' mailbox for that elusive letter or is it just me? :)

waiting here in canada also. i interviewed halloween weekend. with those dat scores i wouldn't worry tho..

Yah, electronic mail sorting is the devil. I read that another guy here at the University of Toronto (ToDDS2work I believe) got his on Monday I think, so I guess that kind of made me wonder a little bit. Thanks for the response.

Members don't see this ad :)
lestat12 said:
Yah, electronic mail sorting is the devil. I read that another guy here at the University of Toronto (ToDDS2work I believe) got his on Monday I think, so I guess that kind of made me wonder a little bit. Thanks for the response.

you can call them tomorrow. they take calls about application status on wednesdays.

my parents let me know that they got mine just yesterday and they live in ohio so there's hope for ya. ;)

Thanks for the kind words. I take it that means they are sending them to the permanent address listed on AADSAS rather than the preferred address. That would explain a lot, cause my permanent address is in British Columbia, which is like 4-5000 km from NYC. :laugh:

lestat12 said:

Hey, I had my interview in September...
I live in South Carolina (closer than Canada), but still hasn't received anything yet. My dat is AA22/TS22/PA20 3.88/3.83(overall/sci)
I'm so nervous at this moment. I called Columbia on Monday, and they claim that they haven't sent out letters yet. (Is that mean my decision letters are not sent out? or for everyone?.....It seems like ONLY my letter hasn't been sent out :eek: )
Columbia is my first choice....what should I do? Any suggestions?

Hey guys, just so you know, I got my UPENN package today and I live in Toronto. THere is still hope for you guys...esp. if it's being sent to BC.

Congrats man, I have a friend who gradded from there and really loved it.

Did anyone hear from Columbia Today(12/7)? :thumbup:

porsche7 said:
Did anyone hear from Columbia Today(12/7)? :thumbup:

nope. i'm beginning to think i may have been passed over until their 2nd wave of acceptances. i've noticed all people who have gotten accepted so far either have really high gpa's or crazy dat scores like with 23-26 academic averages.

pbure said:
nope. i'm beginning to think i may have been passed over until their 2nd wave of acceptances. i've noticed all people who have gotten accepted so far either have really high gpa's or crazy dat scores like with 23-26 academic averages.
I feel that Columbia is very predictable in terms of sending out interviews and acceptances. Other people have gotten in with good stats, but not necessary as high as you've pointed out. Good luck. Maybe you will hear soon from them.

I didn't get an interview with a 3.7 and 21 DAT. I didn't really care much to follow up and see if my file is complete but I just know I didn't get anything in the mail. Good luck guys! I hear after Harvard, it's probably one of the best for getting into a specialty.

to give you all hope: i didn't get mine last year until the friday after the mail out, basically a full week after dec.1st (analogous to getting it this friday). then again, they sent it to my school address and my school mailroom is pretty slow and rinefficient (i was in nashville, TN). i also had to share a mailbox with a another girl, and for the longest time i was suspecting she was accidentally taking my mail.

either way, don't assume that just because you haven't heard yet that you've been deferred until round2--the letter may still be on its way.

I just called them and the lady said that letters were sent out last thursday AND friday, so it may still take a few days to reach everyone. Nonetheless, they don't give app status over the phone, and the lady was really annoyed with me, so I don't suggest calling... I felt really bad... I was on the phone with her for 1 minute and 15 seconds and I appologized 4 times... but she was smiling towards the end... or laughing at how pathetic it was that I appologized every 15 seconds...

Sephisabin said:
I just called them and the lady said that letters were sent out last thursday AND friday, so it may still take a few days to reach everyone. Nonetheless, they don't give app status over the phone, and the lady was really annoyed with me, so I don't suggest calling... I felt really bad... I was on the phone with her for 1 minute and 15 seconds and I appologized 4 times... but she was smiling towards the end... or laughing at how pathetic it was that I appologized every 15 seconds...

haha..well thanks for taking one for the team sephisabin. good luck!

pbure said:
haha..well thanks for taking one for the team sephisabin. good luck!

Haha... thanks! Good luck to you too... I gave the lady my name... hopefully that doesn't nip me in the butt...

I find the Columbia lady is kind of short tempered :scared: :D