waiting for uop interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by batzmaru, Nov 27, 2002.

1. batzmaru

batzmaru Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey guys

is anyone else still waiting for an interview from uop???
    i keep checking the status on line but it never changes, and im sure it's been over 8 weeks... i already got interviews from most of other schools. is this a bad sign?

will appreciate any replies

have good turkey day everybody!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ktran02

ktran02 Member
    7+ Year Member

I would call them first thing Mon, make sure that they have everything. Good Luck

4. Brand

Brand Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm still waiting as well. They told me that it was complete , but hasn't been reviewed. I find that hard to believe considering I was in the 3rd mailing. I just think it is because we didn't make their first round. If you were interested my stats were GPA ~3.1 DAT 21/21. I definitly think its a bad sign. Hopefully you got interviews elsewhere.

5. Star Babe

Star Babe Member
    7+ Year Member

well same here..it's been 8 weeks and i haaven't heard anything from them.. i am sooo sick and tired of uop. I talked to the girl and she said that my file is in review which is complete BS!!!! 8 weeks !!! and she said they're probably gonna re-review your application if u don't hear from them soon... 3.68 and 20/19 DAT... i'm just waiting to get an admission from a california school and have this long talk with those uop admission people! or may be won't even care to call them...then they can review my application for 8 more weeks!:laugh: at this moment i really don't care...i'm gonna enjoy my turkey and not thinking about them:clap:

6. xc1999

xc1999 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Starbabe,

Those are pretty good stats...I'm surprised you haven't heard from uop yet. When did you apply?

I applied in late august, and according to the uop webtools, my file got there on oct 17 (sheesh....two months man....). I still haven't yet heard from them yet either....:( I have a friend who applied august 13th, and she already got an interview (and I don't think her stats are higher than yours....)......I guess I would start bugging them after thanksgiving....hehe :)

7. Star Babe

Star Babe Member
    7+ Year Member

I applied on July 23rd! buging them is useless... i called them 4,5 times... they'll tell u the same thing over and over again!

8. ktran02

ktran02 Member
    7+ Year Member

You guys have pretty good stats. I'm shocked that UOP hasn't offered an invite yet. I applied on Oct 26th and got my invite couple days ago. You need to continue to bug them about this. Don't give up. UOP loves students who show interest in their school. Maybe pay a random visit if you can.

9. blaitini2002

blaitini2002 Member
    7+ Year Member

well, i've called them couple of times, they always say that they are still reviewing u'r application. And now i can't even check my application status online coz it says my aadsas # is not valid or something, and i called them and they still says the same thing.

10. Ev29

Ev29 Junior Member

i haven't heard back from uop either. i sent my app. on july 1st... 3.43 gpa and 20/20 on dat. right when i saw my dat scores, though, i had a feeling it wouldn't be good enough for them. oh well, whatver! oh yeah, and calling them didn't do much for me either. ahhhhhhhhh

11. tinker bell

tinker bell 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I visited UOP a few weeks ago and they told me that they want DAT score at least 20 across the board. They didn't mention GPA. I have no idea about their selection criteria though. They said that they would call me if the committee decide to grant me an interview. If I don't hear from them, it means "hold for fall grades". If you are taking classes currently, you might fall into the waiting for fall grades category.
    I'm not going to think of UOP right now. I might even get a cheaper education and better one. Who knows? Yah
    T