Waiting for verification...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mccarty7

MD Applicant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS app on June 10th, and it is now June 16th with no verification. My transcripts were received back in May...so I'm wondering what the hold up is. It may be because of an overload of application submissions, but isn't it a little early for that?

Would the fact that my LOR's are in yet keep my app from being verified?

Also, the log-in on AMCAS says that info won't be sent to schools until June 25th... does that mean that everyone that submits and is verified by June 25th will have the same chance at rolling admission? Hmm...

Just wondering out loud. Maybe you guys have some answers or comments! Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my AMCAS app on June 10th, and it is now June 16th with no verification. My transcripts were received back in May...so I'm wondering what the hold up is. It may be because of an overload of application submissions, but isn't it a little early for that?

Also, the log-in on AMCAS says that info won't be sent to schools until June 25th... does that mean that everyone that submits and is verified by June 25th will have the same chance at rolling admission? Hmm...

Just wondering out loud. Maybe you guys have some answers or comments! Thanks!:)

No, it isn't too early. I would be surprised if you were already verified.

Members don't see this ad :)

Verification and processing have nothing to do with LORs, just with grades and transcripts. It is now taking longer. Those who submitted on 6/1 or 6/2, essentially got verified the same day or next. Every day that goes by, takes longer. I submitted on 6/6 and just got verified today. My guess is that it will take you another week to be verified.

I submitted on 06/01 and didn't get verified until 06/11. All of my transcripts were in by the end of May too. Maybe because I'm in vet school it took longer for them to look through all of my stuff, however.

Check out the spreadsheet linked to in my signature to see last year's verification times and to get a clue as to how long it will take you to be verified.

If someone has 200+ credits on their transcripts (from 3 different colleges), would it generally take longer to get verified than someone who only has ~100 credits listed and went to only one school? Basically I wonder if there is any correlation to that?

If someone has 200+ credits on their transcripts (from 3 different colleges), would it generally take longer to get verified than someone who only has ~100 credits listed and went to only one school? Basically I wonder if there is any correlation to that?

Anyone know?

I had around 200 credits. I submitted afternoon, June 1st, and was verified June 2nd. I don't think it makes any difference.