Waiting List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cghost88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just recently been put on a waiting list. Well its not exactly a waiting list, but more of a put you off until we review the rest of the interviewers first list. Im assuming they will not fill up the class before they proceed to RE-review all the original applications that got pushed aside. Anyways, now to my question. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to write a letter expressing my further enthusiasm for the school? Also, I have a MCAT score on the lower end of the spectrum. Would it be ok to write something to the affect of look past my MCAT score to see my dedication and give me a chance to prove myself, or would this been seen in a bad light? ok, i hope someone can give me some good advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Not to be harsh, but the interview was when you were supposed to prove to them that you are more than your MCAT scores. The school should have let you know if they solicit letters, etc. Probably won't hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel much the same way as cghost88.. i am so enthusiastic about a particular school... I have several acceptances, so i am not worry about going to a school that i like and will be happy attending, but the particular school of interest i believe to be the best FIT for my particular interests, persuits, and ideology...I in the middle of drafting a letter of intent...my biggest worry is my MCAT score, which is not nearly as steller as the rest of my application...It came up during the course of my interview at this school, and i answered honestly (i decided to go to volunteer outside the country and didn't give myself the time i should have to study)...should i reitterate this in my letter, I truly feel this is the biggest hurdle i have to getting into this school...

A letter of intent isn't going to hurt you. The letter will keep the adcom updated on how you feel about the school. It might be a good time to bring up a few points you didn't get to mention in the interview. As for the MCAT issues, I would probably leave those out of the letter, unless it was a big problem during the interview. Once you actually get the interview, it seems like the MCAT becomes less of an issue, and I'm not sure that offering excuses for a certain score at this point would really matter.
I had positive experiences by writing letters of intent, and I just stuck to the basics: how much I enjoyed my experiences at the school, why the school was a good fit for me, and why I was a good fit for the school.

Good luck!

opmed said:
A letter of intent isn't going to hurt you. The letter will keep the adcom updated on how you feel about the school. It might be a good time to bring up a few points you didn't get to mention in the interview. As for the MCAT issues, I would probably leave those out of the letter, unless it was a big problem during the interview. Once you actually get the interview, it seems like the MCAT becomes less of an issue, and I'm not sure that offering excuses for a certain score at this point would really matter.
I had positive experiences by writing letters of intent, and I just stuck to the basics: how much I enjoyed my experiences at the school, why the school was a good fit for me, and why I was a good fit for the school.

Good luck!

thanks