Waiting on Dartmouth?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by scottie, Feb 19, 2002.

1. scottie

scottie Member

Is there anyone else there who hasn't received an interview invite, but also haven't received a rejection letter? Everyone I know has received one or the other. I just need some closure...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shimmer118

shimmer118 Senior Member

Hi scottie,

I haven't received either a rejection or an interview...

4. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    My secondary for Dartmouth was complete in August and I have yet to receive a rejection or an interview.

I e-mailed them least week and they told me:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hello! Thank you for contacting Dartmouth Medical School regarding the status
    of your application. At this point in time, our records indicate that your file
    is complete and undergoing review. Once the Admissions Committee has reached a
    decision on your candidacy, we will notify you in a letter.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Patiently waiting...

5. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No word for me either (app complete 12/12).

6. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    Hang in there mpp! My interview is on thursday - and I was complete in August also :)

7. mango-a-go-go

mango-a-go-go Member

I haven't yet heard anything either way also...but then again that is my status at a lot of other schools

8. vyc

vyc Senior Member

does anyone know what the deal is post-interview?
    i think they're rolling admissions but not really?

9. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by vyc:
    <strong>does anyone know what the deal is post-interview?
    i think they're rolling admissions but not really?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I interviewed there in October, they said that they were very picky as to who got their first batch of acceptances. Technically, they are rolling admissions but they also said that its possible you might not hear anything for months.

As the season goes on, they get more liberal at who they give out acceptances to. I got my acceptance around the beginning of December.

good luck

10. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    I finished my secondary in July and my rec letters got there first week of august. now i have a nice thin envelope from them. i get lots of love from them.