waiting on MCW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

detm78

does MCW rank? On the 23rd, can we call to see precisely where on the alternate list we are at?

anybody know about the living situation for students out there?

Members don't see this ad.

sneezy,

Yup...just call them and they'll tell you your rank.

I was accepted back in late summer 2001 (I deferred & will be starting this Fall). I didn't think I'd be accepted because I was ranked 65 out of 167.

As far as living situation...man, Milwaukee is dirt cheap. You should have no problem finding a place. I was there for three days (I'm from California), and I found a nice one bedroom for under $500 in nearby West Allis. Granted it's not Wauwatosa, but West Allis is still only 10-15 minutes away from school (Milwaukee traffic--or lack thereof--definitely beats California anyday). Good luck!

-The Sensational SaucyAZN :D :clap: :D

Members don't see this ad :)
You're out of state, so you'll have a better chance of getting in -- call on the 23rd, and they'll tell you your rank. I'd guess if you're in the top half, you have a very good chance. Fortunately for me, when I called on that day a few years ago, they told me I was in!

I was ranked either 1 or 2 :) Lucky me.

i'm 74/187... what are my chances? does mcw really go through 80% of their waitlist?

Sneezy-

You've got a good chance. As the out-of-staters get into their state schools, many of them will drop off the waitlist. I'm fairly sure that this year will be no different, and MCW will get through at least half of the waitlist.

Good luck to you!

wohooooo!!!!!! I just called too...I am 34/187!!!! :clap: :clap: (never used the clapping thingies before..so you know I am losing it!!!) Maryann said that I had a very good chance and doubled checked my credit history and mailing address!!...now if only 33 other poeple would get their act together!! :D

Maple...34/187? Things definitely look up!

Sneezy...74/187? Based on percentages, you're ranked a little higher than I was...I wish you the best of luck! Hey, if a poor schmuck(sp?) like me can get in, anyone can get in!

mcwmark...thanks for your helpful tips. By the way, your website kicks @rse.

-The SaucyAZN Sensation

"My cat's breath smells like catfood." :clap:

Thanks Saucy!!! :) :) Check your PM :wink:

Sneezy..hang in there...I think you have a good chance..I was told to call every 2 weeks to see how things are going. So...do that and let them know how much you want to be the etc..I think it will still help, even if they've already ranked us.

Good Luck!

I just called them today and the person at the desk told me that I had not been ranked but I was receiving something in the mail. I'm afraid to think of what it might be. Any ideas?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Kodos02:
•I just called them today and the person at the desk told me that I had not been ranked but I was receiving something in the mail. I'm afraid to think of what it might be. Any ideas?•••••Yikes..I'd be afraid too. I hate to say it..but it may be a rejection. :( I would think candidates likely to be accepted would have been ranked? :confused: Perhaps a current student (mcwmark?) would comment?

Good luck,

I called this morning and was told I am 178/187. What do you think my chances are? Just kidding. At least I am ranked number 2 on Iowa's alternate list, so I will probably just withdraw right away from MCW. Congrats to you guys with higher ranks, and I would agree that 74 is looking pretty good, sneezy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Kudos02,
I had a similar experience on the phone, however they told me that I was accepted. I am sure that you are in the same situation. Congratulations! I hope.

hi kodos02,
any word from mcw? i hope you got in. I have a friend in the exact same position. *crossingfingersforyouboth*

Did anyone else not receive a rank over the phone??? Did anybody in this position get in? We're over in cali, so mail will take awhile...

I dropped my acceptance on May 15th...so hopefully one of you gets my spot.

Good Luck to all!

To Kodos02,

Just heard from my friend who was in your same situation. She was not given a rank, but was told a letter had been sent as of may 22. She got the letter today, and she got in to MCW. Hope you get the same letter! :)

Best wishes,
sneezy

20 minutes ago i opened my letter to find out that I had been accepted :) . I apologize to the other waitlistees but I don't think I'll be letting go of this acceptance anytime soon. Best of luck to you all and I hope to see you all in the fall.

Kudos,

Fantastic news! Is MCW your first choice? If it is, I'll be seeing you this fall.

-Sensational Sauce, MCW Class of 2006 (or future Mule Skinner if I decide med school ain't fer me)

-------------------------------------------------
"Hit me again, Ike, & put some STANK on it!!"

from Liar Liar :D

(I'm guessin' this is what med school will be like)

Wow congrats guys! I am glad I was wrong about your lack of ranking! :D Hopefully...I'll join you all this fall! :)

Saucy,

Thanks for the pm reply..I just checked it out. I guess we don't get pm heads-up emails from admin anymore? Anyway..I am definitely more hopful by your info. Thanks again :)

Congratulations to all those who will be matriculating to the greatest school next fall. If you go to <a href="http://www.mcw.edu/acad" target="_blank">www.mcw.edu/acad</a> and click on the curriculum link you will be able to see your schedule for next fall. Good Luck and Congratulations!!!!!!!

Kodos02,

did you get an acceptance letter with your packet of information. i recieved a bunch of information, with no official letter stating i had been accepted and by what date my credit report should be recieved.

Joey,

I did get an acceptance letter with my packet saying "Congratulations, welcome to the class of 2006 etc." When I was placed on the waitlist initially I still had to send in a credit report so I'm guessing that's what they mean. You should probably call them to find out just for sure. Hope that helps.