Waiting on results and status update - will emailing them be a bad sign?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moisne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a few schools to update their status. On their website, they said allow 30 days or 4-6 weeks to review but they have not gotten back to me. Would it be appropriate for me to email or call in to check the status since nothing has been change?

Or would that possibly put me on the "obnoxious" list and get declined faster?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting on a few schools to update their status. On their website, they said allow 30 days or 4-6 weeks to review but they have not gotten back to me. Would it be appropriate for me to email or call in to check the status since nothing has been change?

I'm assuming that you are waiting on a post-interview decision. Has it been more than six weeks? (Or four weeks, or thirty days, or whatever it was that they specified.) If so call. If not, do not call.

EDIT: Based on your post in WAMC, it looks like you just submitted your secondaries and are waiting to hear that your application is complete. In that case, if it's already been a week or so since you submitted, it shouldn't hurt if you call once to confirm that all of your materials were received. Just don't make a habit of calling once a week to check up on progress because that will come off as obnoxious. And don't call to ask if they've made an interview decision yet because that will also sound obnoxious. If after the specified time, you still haven't heard back about the interview decision, then it should be okay to call them up and ask.

Last edited:

This doesn't exist unless you call and refer to the ADCOM as "a bunch of troglodytes who couldn't notice talent if it rose in the East." Not that I know anything about that.

Give them a call. I guarantee they'll say "our next decision date is x, but there's no guarantee we'll get to your file."

Good luck!