Waiting...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DNALadder2002, Oct 4, 2001.

1. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member

You pray, wish, and hope that you get accepted to at least one school. Who cares where it is...as long as one school thinks you're cut out to have a medical school education. I am nervous, tired, and more nervous. I wait and wait and wait for an interview letter. I hear nothing. I feel nothing. I only see a mailbox at 3pm on the
    weekdays and 1pm on Saturdays.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member

Hang in there DNA! I was in the same position until last week...now I have two interviews at some fairly decent schools. You'll get that letter or email soon!

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Hang in there -- it's going to be an even longer and more nerve-wracking experience than normal this year. Is this your first time applying? How many schools did you apply to? I'm a first time applicant and also took the MCAT for the first time in August. So despite all the secondaries I've returned, none of my schools will even be looking at my application until toward the end of the month (and that's assuming AMCAS forwards my scores to them in a timely manner -- yeah, right! :rolleyes: ) :( So you're not alone.

Did you see the numbers on the thread "Another AMCAS conversation"? Only 25,500 total apps so far this year, which seems really low for this date. Maybe there will be fewer apps this year for the available slots. :D So don't get too down, the people on this board with all the interviews are only a tiny fraction of the total applicant pool, and even of the group that will get acceptances from at least one school. :)

5. jasmine

jasmine Member

Everyone Haiku!

To paraphrase poet DNALad:

You pray, wish and hope
    Acceptance to at least one school
    Who care where it is.

Remember, DNA, angst leads often to creative genius...

6. DNALadder2002

Hey, thanks DJ and SMW. I actually had an interview at GWU last month. But after that one interview, I haven't heard from any other schools. It's encouraging to know that there are less number of students applying this year. But what I was thinking is that the students who are amongst the 25,500 are those who will do anything to get in...in fact, even dealing with AMCAS, which in my opinion shows perserverence and determination, both descriptors of a physician. Hopefully all three of us will hear from schools wanting interviews in the next few weeks...

7. DNALadder2002

That includes you too Jasmine!

8. none

none 1K Member

I don't know if that's low or not. A good deal of people will wait right up until the deadline to submit. It's only the freaks on the boards who submit in June. :)

9. quaileggs

quaileggs Senior Member

DNA
    All it takes is one acceptance to win this game. Hang in there. We should all be expert waiters by this point thanks to the AMCAS follies of /01. ;)

10. Amy

Amy Animal Lover
    Physician

Attending Physician
    It's still early, so DON'T WORRY. Schools usually interview until at least March, and some even go into May. And unless they're super impressed with you, they'll waitlist you until they interview everyone and then start taking people off the list. You could be stuck on the waitlist well into the summer. Patience is a virtue. GOOD LUCK!

11. watto

watto Sleek White Pantsuit

3pm mail? 1pm on Sunday???
    You don't know torture. Torture is waiting for MY mailman, who gets here--no joke--at 6:30pm on weekdays and 5 on Sundays!

I don't get it. I have a feeling he might be drinking in the morning and napping in the afternoon. However, I have noticed that on the day before a holiday weekend, he is always early.

12. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    You do mean Saturday, don't you?

DNA, you and I are in the same position - only 1 interview at GWU last month, nothing since. Just wait - things will start rolling soon.

13. watto

watto Sleek White Pantsuit

No, he is so late we actually get the mail on Sundays...

Not really. I did mean Saturdays. Oh, my addled mind.