Waiting...........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anniem

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got my MCAT score back on September 15th, and finished my secondaries by the beginning of October.
So far I have had one interview at MSU, but haven't heard back from anyone else yet (I applied to 9 different schools)
31P on MCAT and 3.85 GPA; volunteer work, shadowing, research etc...
I'm getting pretty antsy, is it normal to have to wait this long????

Members don't see this ad.

You've barely been waiting a month. A month is nothing in this process. It can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks to hear back, or sometimes even longer. Each school typically has its own timeline. If you're really antsy, you can read through the school-specific threads for whatever schools you applied to in order to see what's been going on -- ie: have people been getting interviews lately? If so, what date were they complete? Then by figuring those things out, you can sort of estimate when you should hear back by. But even that is not an exact science because some people get faster invites due to a stronger application, being in state, or other factors. Try to be patient though. It's hard but you're going to need as much patience as you can muster because the app process sucks.

Last edited:
a month is not a long time :) there was a 1.5 mth break between interview invites for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
You've only been complete for a month. Your application is still in the middle one third of the pile that the admissions office has to go through.

So I got my MCAT score back on September 15th, and finished my secondaries by the beginning of October.
So far I have had one interview at MSU, but haven't heard back from anyone else yet (I applied to 9 different schools)
31P on MCAT and 3.85 GPA; volunteer work, shadowing, research etc...
I'm getting pretty antsy, is it normal to have to wait this long????

when you apply that late ....YES!! :eek: