Waitlist/Alternate list and still waiting......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iowamedic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to know if anyone else out there is still on a waitlist/alternate list to get into POD. I only applied to one school and I was placed on the waitlist end of Feb. DMU said they usually do not offer acceptances to alternate list until June/July...anyone else out there in the same boat or offer any words of encouragement. Feel like I should just plan on reapplying in July....

Members don't see this ad.

You only applied to DMU? Wow. I guess you are only considering DPM if you can stay in state judging by your name. Good luck I guess, from what I've heard DMU has a pretty lengthy waitlist.

You only applied to DMU? Wow. I guess you are only considering DPM if you can stay in state judging by your name. Good luck I guess, from what I've heard DMU has a pretty lengthy waitlist.
Well its a long story why I only applied to DMU but its a great school and its my number one choice. Bottom line, my wife will not let me apply out of state :( partly due to a step child and we would have to go through the court to move out of state since her father wouldn't allow it :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Well its a long story why I only applied to DMU but its a great school and its my number one choice. Bottom line, my wife will not let me apply out of state :( partly due to a step child and we would have to go through the court to move out of state since her father wouldn't allow it :(
This makes me severely grateful for not dating someone/marrying someone who already has a kid

Reactions: 1 user
Well after being with her for almost ten years raising her I'll choose the kids I was a late applicant if I have to re apply so be it. Plus we have 3 other children together

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Well after being with her for almost ten years raising her I'll choose the kids I was a late applicant if I have to re apply so be it. Plus we have 3 other children together

I respect and applaud your family values.

Reactions: 2 users
Let's say you get into school there. What about residency? Fellowships? You are going to have to move sooner or later if you want to go down this road. Make sure and think about the big picture.

If I get into DMU this year my step daughter will graduate high school the same time I graduate and it will no longer be an issue moving out of state.

Don't lose hope, there is movement on that alternate list. Best of luck to you.

Last edited: