Waitlist at Touro-Just Got in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheechchong

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so happy at the moment. I got accepted from the waitlist at Touro. That was my only hope since i only applied to 2 schools and got rejected from the other one. Just wanted to tell others on the waitlist don't give up and good luck. And wanted to say thanks to everyone on this board because of everyone is just so helpful with everything.

Members don't see this ad.

cheechchong said:
I'm so happy at the moment. I got accepted from the waitlist at Touro. That was my only hope since i only applied to 2 schools and got rejected from the other one. Just wanted to tell others on the waitlist don't give up and good luck. And wanted to say thanks to everyone on this board because of everyone is just so helpful with everything.

Congrats on getting in and what part of the waiting list were you on? I'm also on the waiting list myself but I don't think my application is as competitive as other candidates. Did you send any additional info to the school since your interview?

Congratulations! I will also be attending Touro in the Fall and look forward to seeing you there. Have fun celebrating!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing.

I was on the waitlist last year but no luck. Good job!

Congrats. Your patience paid off. Best of luck at school :luck: !

oink2655 said:
Congrats on getting in and what part of the waiting list were you on? I'm also on the waiting list myself but I don't think my application is as competitive as other candidates. Did you send any additional info to the school since your interview?
I was on the waiting list as a high alternate. I was interviewed late in the process already because i turned in my application pretty late which was after they had joined Pharmcas. My interview was on March 31st. I didn't think my stats were competitvie because i applied late in the process but i have about a 3.4 overall gpa, and 3.2 science g.p.a, and some volunteer experience at pharmacies and clinics. And no i didn't send any additional information since the interview. Good luck to you and don't give up hope.

im calling touro on monday to tell them im not going there, good luck to one of you!

cheechchong said:
I was on the waiting list as a high alternate. I was interviewed late in the process already because i turned in my application pretty late which was after they had joined Pharmcas. My interview was on March 31st. I didn't think my stats were competitvie because i applied late in the process but i have about a 3.4 overall gpa, and 3.2 science g.p.a, and some volunteer experience at pharmacies and clinics. And no i didn't send any additional information since the interview. Good luck to you and don't give up hope.

Were you contact by email, phone, or letter?

I've been on the Touro's high alternative list since december. Anyone have any clue on how touro selects students off the waitlist?

I was contacted by email first telling me i was accepted and that a letter was on its way. And no i don't know how they select students off the waitlist.

cheechchong said:
I was contacted by email first telling me i was accepted and that a letter was on its way. And no i don't know how they select students off the waitlist.

Since the day you found out you were on the waiting list, did you make any effort to call the school and asked about your position/standing on the list? Did you ask them for update?

(btw, thanks for replying)

SunflowerTea said:
Since the day you found out you were on the waiting list, did you make any effort to call the school and asked about your position/standing on the list? Did you ask them for update?

(btw, thanks for replying)
No i didn't make any effort to call the school for any updates. I was going to send in another recommendation letter but i got the email saying i was accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
steveysmith54 said:
did u have a degree if so what major?

thanks
Yes i have a Bachelor's in Biology with an emphasis on Neurobiology and Physiology.

Hi everyone,

I was placed on High Alternate for Touro University since Feb and I just found out today that I got accepted. I'm so HAPPY right now!!! Almost 4 months and the waiting game is over. For those that are on the High Alternate list and are still waiting, keep your hope high. Good luck everyone.

janbran said:
Hi everyone,

I was placed on High Alternate for Touro University since Feb and I just found out today that I got accepted. I'm so HAPPY right now!!! Almost 4 months and the waiting game is over. For those that are on the High Alternate list and are still waiting, keep your hope high. Good luck everyone.

hi were you notified by email? and did you send in any additional lor or letter of intent?

janbran said:
Hi everyone,

You got in Congratulations :)

babieblueazn said:
hi were you notified by email? and did you send in any additional lor or letter of intent?

Yes, I was notified via email this afternoon. I did not have a chance to send my letter of intent yet since I was going to do that next week after my final. And no, I did not send any additional LOR. Are you stilll waiting? Good luck.

cheechchong said:
You got in Congratulations :)

Thanks cheechchong!!! I was so excited today that I couldn't focus on studying for my final :) See you this August.

janbran said:
Thanks cheechchong!!! I was so excited today that I couldn't focus on studying for my final :) See you this August.

congrats on getting in... see you in august.

I just called to tell Touro that I won't be attending. Good luck to those on the waitlist!! :luck:

Janbran,

I know you will make it.

janbran said:
Hi everyone,

manapharm said:
Janbran,

I know you will make it.

Thanks manapharm,

Good luck with you too. I hope you will hear from Loma Linda soon.