Feb 20, 2010
Status
Hi all, I got put on the waitlist at 5 top ten schools with no post-interview rejections at all this cycle...what are my chances of getting off of one of these waitlists? I'm just a little bummed out about having interviewed at all these places yet potentially not going to one of them next year...thanks.

bannie22

Hero
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2009
Better than me. I had 2 rejections and a WL.

robflanker

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Well if nothing changed on your app then I would say you might get off but I wouldn't expect miracles.

If you did something new and its positive to your app, it can only help.

Maybe apply earlier

mdeast

7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm in a similar situation...although waitlisted at 2 Top 10's (well 3...but I withdrew from Columbia) and 1 Top 20. Waitlists move...but it's really a crapshoot. Keep focused, send letters, let them know you're interested. There's not much else you can do.

But, in all honesty, DO NOT expect to get in off of any of those waitlists. Right now, work to choose among the schools you've been accepted and start to get a little excited about them :) I will say that given you have so many waitlists...you have a better shot than someone like myself (for instance) who only has 3 waitlists they're interested in. You only need one.

Where else are you accepted/leaning towards as of now? I'm sure with that many waitlists, you've gotten into some great alternatives anyway.

Last edited: