Waitlist -- letter of intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vdawg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think a letter of intent allows a school to hold out on accepting you sometimes as they try to see if they can recruit higher candidates? I know some schools want peope that want them.. but I'm sure all schools would love to boost their US news standing. so maybe they might say.. ok, this guy says he'll come for sure, then ask some other people, and if they say no, then they might let you in a lot later on in the process. I know some people are getting in with letters but this may be because they are already really competitive applicants. but for those that are on the lower end of the spectrum...

Members don't see this ad.

What makes you say that the person writing the letter of intent does not have higher stats then the schools AVG.

I think it can only help.
Maybe not hmmm

AK

yeah that could be possible. but I meant to say for a person writing a letter of intent that was below the avg.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is interesting. I think that would be unethical of the medical school. If that got out to pre-meds, I think people would never write another letter of intent.

Now that makes me think my letter of intent could be used that way.

Ahhhh!

AK

i wouldn't be surprised if this kind of thing goes on all the time. you just never know with these people (adcoms). it's all speculation though, i wouldn't worry about it. it's not worth it and it's out of your hands how they interpret your letter of interest/intent. :rolleyes: