• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2002
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So I have a few letters of rec that I collected through the letter service at my university that I never ended up sending out for my secondaries (I had about 7 LOR's, but only sent out 4 to all the schools)

Now that I'm waitlisted, I'm thinkin' about tappin' into these other letters.......do you think it'd be wise to send out a letter or two, even though they are dated in August of 2003???

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
does the school you are interested in recommend you send more things/updates to help you get off the waitlist?

there are some schools that just dont want anything so i would check to make sure its all good before you send those out.

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2002
Status
Resident [Any Field]
yeah, both schools (wash u and penn) said they'd accept stuff like that to update my app. Do you think a LOR dated from aug2003 would be good????? i've already sent letters of interest, grade/EC updates, etc

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by felipe5
yeah, both schools (wash u and penn) said they'd accept stuff like that to update my app. Do you think a LOR dated from aug2003 would be good????? i've already sent letters of interest, grade/EC updates, etc
why not? would that person's opinion of you change during the past year? ;) prolly not. I am sure the school prolly wont even really notice. its still pretty recent. its not like it was from 5+years ago. i think it would be ok.

About the Ads