Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

waitlist/LOR question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by felipe5, Apr 4, 2004.

1. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So I have a few letters of rec that I collected through the letter service at my university that I never ended up sending out for my secondaries (I had about 7 LOR's, but only sent out 4 to all the schools)

Now that I'm waitlisted, I'm thinkin' about tappin' into these other letters.......do you think it'd be wise to send out a letter or two, even though they are dated in August of 2003???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    does the school you are interested in recommend you send more things/updates to help you get off the waitlist?

there are some schools that just dont want anything so i would check to make sure its all good before you send those out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yeah, both schools (wash u and penn) said they'd accept stuff like that to update my app. Do you think a LOR dated from aug2003 would be good????? i've already sent letters of interest, grade/EC updates, etc

4. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    why not? would that person's opinion of you change during the past year? ;) prolly not. I am sure the school prolly wont even really notice. its still pretty recent. its not like it was from 5+years ago. i think it would be ok.