Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

waitlist/LOR question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by felipe5, Apr 4, 2004.

1. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So I have a few letters of rec that I collected through the letter service at my university that I never ended up sending out for my secondaries (I had about 7 LOR's, but only sent out 4 to all the schools)

Now that I'm waitlisted, I'm thinkin' about tappin' into these other letters.......do you think it'd be wise to send out a letter or two, even though they are dated in August of 2003???

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    does the school you are interested in recommend you send more things/updates to help you get off the waitlist?

there are some schools that just dont want anything so i would check to make sure its all good before you send those out.

4. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yeah, both schools (wash u and penn) said they'd accept stuff like that to update my app. Do you think a LOR dated from aug2003 would be good????? i've already sent letters of interest, grade/EC updates, etc

5. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    why not? would that person's opinion of you change during the past year? ;) prolly not. I am sure the school prolly wont even really notice. its still pretty recent. its not like it was from 5+years ago. i think it would be ok.