Waitlist Movement at GW or VCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Koala_Me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had information on about the waitlist at GW or VCU. Does anyone know if the waitlist has started moving at either of these schools? I am not sure about how the movement was in past years. Just confused and tryin to see If anyone has information on this I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the help. :)

Members don't see this ad.

i know the waitlist has started moving for GW cuz i got in off the waitlist a few weeks ago. but i don't know about VCU.. good luck.. be expecting a call from GW if you get in!

VCU/MCV hasn't sent out a batch of acceptances since May 16th when they sent out about 30 or so (mostly out-of-state). They don't really give out any more info than that, but people have definitely been dropping acceptances since then. My guess is that they will be sending out another batch pretty soon. You may want to check out the VCU/MCV thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61766

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Zambuca or anyone else who has heard from GW waitlist,

I talked to GW and they say the waitlist is unranked. I am not sure what this means I mean how do they decide who gets in and who doesn't? I was wondering if you have any advice or if you know anything that you may have done that you feel may have helped you get in off the waitlist. Thanks.....and Congratulations.

hi koala, i can assure you that making sure to let them know that GW is your top choice and backing it up with specifics in a letter of intent will give you a good chance. I sent two letters to them, one of intent and told them why they were my top and what i could bring ot the school. The second was an update telling them what im doign in summer, a new volunteer gig, and assuring htem they rae my top choice and would love to attend. I got the call the same day i faxed the update letter. good luck GW is a great school, great locatoin, great exposure. good luck! wowo too many Gs in that last sentence