Waitlist movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

horton thruggle

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it only me, or has the much fabled (and anticpated) deluge of acceptances off the waitlists failed to materialize?

So far, at least as far as I can approximate, there have been less than 50 waitlist acceptances posted here.

Is the SDN population that small a percentage of the 2005 pre-med pool? Are ppl not posting? Or has nothing significant happened yet?

Thoughts, comments, revelations welcome.

If you are getting THE CALL, would you please post which school sent the love.

Members don't see this ad.

horton thruggle said:
Is it only me, or has the much fabled (and anticpated) deluge of acceptances off the waitlists failed to materialize?

So far, at least as far as I can approximate, there have been less than 50 waitlist acceptances posted here.

Is the SDN population that small a percentage of the 2005 pre-med pool? Are ppl not posting? Or has nothing significant happened yet?

I was placed on two waitlists and I was pulled from both. Hope that helps.

horton thruggle said:

you counted?

Members don't see this ad :)
its still early in the game.....prolly june will have more action? good luck to people on waitlists! i know it aint no fun.

someone should start a "I got accepted off this waitlist, and will now decline XXXX school"

but not me, b/c i dont think it will help my neuroses.

bh88 said:
someone should start a "I got accepted off this waitlist, and will now decline XXXX school"

but not me, b/c i dont think it will help my neuroses.

i got in from 2 waitlists so far and have declined 2 schools, so it is moving.
50 waitlisted ppl getting off seems like a pretty sizeable fraction for our sdn population.

passthesashimi said:
i got in from 2 waitlists so far and have declined 2 schools, so it is moving.
50 waitlisted ppl getting off seems like a pretty sizeable fraction for our sdn population.

on the flip side, I'm on 5 waitlists, I've written about 9-10 letters of interest, and I still have not heard from anyone... It really depends on the schools, the applicant, etc. It's hard to generalize.

For whatever reason, alot of people are NOT posting on the "Official 2005 waitlist thread". If you are very motivated, you can check the individual school waitlist threads--there are alot of them and multiple people have been taken off of them but have not confirmed this on the aforementioned "Official" thread.

I thought it would be appropriate to bring this back up since it is late April and the May 15th date is slowly but surely approaching around the corner. This would allow 2008 waitlisters to share their experiences of being on the waitlist until either eventual acceptance or rejection. In either event, this will be the official Waitlist Movement Thread, adapted to 2008 application cycle.

I heard from the admissions at Penn that most of their movement is between May15-June15. And general consensus seems to be that the more highly ranked a school is, the earlier in the summer the WL will be settled down and the lower ranked a school, the more WL activity will continue longer throughout the summer as the domino effect from the higher schools' WL movement is felt. I think that makes sense.

Hope it's a good summer for us all :)

Would you guys want to create a specific thread for this, and title it something along the lines of 'Official Waitlist Movement 2008'. I think it'd be interesting to follow this, but the title of this thread isn't very specific, and would be super hard to find using the search feature (mainly for future applicants). Just a suggestion!

Done. Good idea, scowdeva!