Waitlist Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoFla62

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search for this but couldn't find it so I figured I'd go ahead and ask.

I know schools you've been accepted to can see where else you are holding acceptances and all that but, what about waitlists? I'm currently sitting on three and I was wondering if a school had any way of knowing I was on two others.

Members don't see this ad.

I did a quick search for this but couldn't find it so I figured I'd go ahead and ask.

I know schools you've been accepted to can see where else you are holding acceptances and all that but, what about waitlists? I'm currently sitting on three and I was wondering if a school had any way of knowing I was on two others.

I don't believe so. I believe that schools only learn of your other acceptances once they accept you, and after May 15. So, school you've been accepted at know where else you've been accepted, but a school that has not accepted you (and placed you on a waitlist) doesn't even know where you've been accepted, let alone where you've been waitlisted.

So can schools where you are accepted see where you are waitlisted after May 15th? Is it like an unspoken rule that you are supposed to decide on one school by May 15th, if you are already holding an acceptance(s)?

Wow, i think i've confused myself, ignore me if i don't make any sense :p

Members don't see this ad :)
So can schools where you are accepted see where you are waitlisted after May 15th? Is it like an unspoken rule that you are supposed to decide on one school by May 15th, if you are already holding an acceptance(s)?

Wow, i think i've confused myself, ignore me if i don't make any sense :p

Waitlists have no special rules. Stay on as many as you want until as late as you want. I don't believe schools that have accepted you can see your waitlists after May 15, only where you've been accepted (which they could do since March 15).

So schools where I applied/waitlisted can see my acceptances after may 15?

Waitlists have no special rules. Stay on as many as you want until as late as you want. I don't believe schools that have accepted you can see your waitlists after May 15, only where you've been accepted (which they could do since March 15).

does it matter if a school can see that you have another acceptance. I'm somewhat holding on to my other school for a "just in case" until I get the 100% that everything worked out..all my trascripts passed..and i'm going to my number one choice. is that bad?

does it matter if a school can see that you have another acceptance. I'm somewhat holding on to my other school for a "just in case" until I get the 100% that everything worked out..all my trascripts passed..and i'm going to my number one choice. is that bad?

As long as you withdraw by May 15 you're fine.