waitlist question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hobbes007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey....i was just wondering what you should be doing if you're on waitlists....what i mean is should you be sending letters of intent every week, or is just one enough. most schools don't take people of the waitlists till april/may...right? so is it appropriate to start mailing them after that every week..or should we be doing it now? the reason i'm asking is that my friend, who applied last year, was on a waitlist of a school that she really wanted to go to, and so she sent them a letter of intent every week. so i'm wondering if i should be doing that too.
any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)
hobbes

Members don't see this ad.

Did she get in after mailing once a week?

i don't have a response, but something to add, really:

i'm new at the process, and i think i'm about to be rejected, or if lucky - waitlisted.

so if by a miracle i am waitlisted, i can send letters of intent? does that do anything? or is it just some hopeful political manuevering?

so its like asking the prettiest girl in high school for a date to the prom, and her responding with: "I'll go with you if Bobby, Billy, and Peter say no." and just to remind her of your swan-songed devotion, you send her chocolates and balloons every Monday? so would she appreciate the gesture? or be turned off by the constant inquiries?

i guess i've never heard of this strategy, either. anybody?

bump bump.

Members don't see this ad :)
and is there an actual accepted format for a "letter of intent?"