Waitlist rank?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by WishUponAStar, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Hiya,

Has anyone gotten off of any D.O. waitlists yet this year? I heard that the D.O. schools don't really get things moving until mid to late June.

What does it mean if I am ranked #1 on the list as far as liklihood of getting a spot? Do they ever not take anyone from the waitlist?

W.U.A.S.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    Which school are you ranked #1?

Usually being ranked #1 almost always guarantees you a spot.... Just hope you get that acceptance letter soon.... :cool:

4. birdman

birdman Junior Member

I am waitlisted at LECOM at according to them movement isn't going to happen until late june or middle of july. This is because people are holding on to seats. But i know how you feel. Im just waiting for the call every day!

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    The problem with LECOM is that they "... don't really have a true waitlist." This is what they told us when we interviewed.... That's probably why that waitlist in LECOM isn't going to act up till much later.... Just sharing :cool:

6. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member

Ranked No. 1? Lookslike you have a fairly good chance of joining the class of 2005!

Good luck to you, WishUponAStar!!!

7. Patrick O

Patrick O Member

Attending Physician
    Wish,
    I'm one of those people holding onto your LECOM seat, only because I am waiting to get off the PCOM alternate list. Here's the current lowdown (although it doesn't seem like anyone is waiting to get off PCOM's list on this site)....I called them today....and spoke with someone at the front desk... she said she would have someone higher up call me but you know how that goes... no call back... I was too busy in the lab so I didn't call back again...

She said that around June 20th there would be movement (next week... thank God!) and that many people withdrew so odds of many alternates getting in was very good. But she said something about waiting for new MCAT scores to come in.... that doesn't make sense to me because I was under the impression that the august MCAT from the previous year before matriculation was the latest considered in an application...I'm pretty confident on this fact?...anyway if she says stuff like that , then I don't know how credible the rest of her comments were... I didn't get to ask anyone else about the MCAT bit at PCOM... and she was, well franlkly, I felt trying as fast as possible to get off the phone. Oh well.... and she also said that no alternates have moved up to acceptances yet. So that makes me feel better. I guess movement will be in late June-early JUly for D.O. schools.
    And Wish, I would be more than happy to give my spot to you at LECOM if I could... assuming I get into PCOM that is.

Pat
    (PCOM "wannabe" class of 2005) :D