waitlist success stories!? past or present!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member1019

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been pulled off a waitlist for acceptance for 2012 cycle or in the past? I am on a couple waitlists and have received an acceptance, which makes it hard for prerequisite and moving decisions! What are some of your experiences? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! where was your acceptance to? I am on a few but have been told the odds are not good of getting off of them

Do not loose hope! I was rejected from all schools and waitlisted on one ( I think OTCAS messes up my application). The one school i was waitlisted on was my number 1 choice, and I applied independently. Thankfully last week I was accepted! Stay positive, and if waitlisted try to keep in touch with the programs which most interest you. That is what I did and it paid off big time!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted at Winston-Salem, which was a last minute application, so I don't know much about the school/program! Where were you accepted AnxiousOT? I've been trying to keep in touch without seeming a pain to the schools, but they don't seem open to giving extra info. Still hoping to get pulled off a waitlist soon! Thanks for the feedback : )

Rush University in Chicago. I called a couple times, sent in two additional letters of recommendation, a letter in the mail expressing my interest, and emailed stating my continued interest in the program and school about 6 weeks after being waitlisted. I made sure they knew who I was.

I was just accepted off the waitlist at Towson! So excited!

Rush University in Chicago. I called a couple times, sent in two additional letters of recommendation, a letter in the mail expressing my interest, and emailed stating my continued interest in the program and school about 6 weeks after being waitlisted. I made sure they knew who I was.

I agree standing out from your peers on a waitlist, make a contact. Wait listed at Philadelphia University as soon as I applied and then called a few times expressing my interests and got in!

Quick question for all you lucky waitlist success stories - were you told your number on the waitlist? I'm just curious how deep into the waitlists some schools are going. Thanks!

They wouldn't give any info on rank. (Except for Toledo, they will give you a number.)

Quick question for all you lucky waitlist success stories - were you told your number on the waitlist? I'm just curious how deep into the waitlists some schools are going. Thanks!

They are not allowed to give you a number. Basically I was told there is two piles, a good pile and a crap pile. (She didn't say that, but more or less...) I was in the good pile with 74 other people!

i was just accepted off a wait list for my #1 school. ITS NOT TOO LATE

Congrats! Where will you be attending? Also, wondering if you have been accepted to another program and now will free up a spot in that school?