waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tostra

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal. I just received notification that I've been placed on the waitlist at LECOM. Does anyone have any insight as to what my chances will be in gaining acceptance. I really want to attend LECOM and any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also on the waitlist at LECOM. I called and they told basically what the letter said. Other then that I am in limbo with yah..

Hey sporrt,

When did you interview? I had mine on Jan 11 and to tell you the truth I thought it went great. I honestly didn't think it could have gone better. Show's you what I know
smile.gif
. Oh well, I've waited this long guess I'll keep on waiting. Good Luck 2 you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at LECOM on January 22. I thought my interview went really well, but I was also put on their waiting list. I asked about what percentage of people on the list can be expected to move into the class, but she couldn't tell me anything. I'll let you know if I hear from them.

Tostra,
I interviewed on November 20th and was waitlisted on December 26, nice Christmas gift. It's funny you mentioned that you felt your interview went great, I also felt that way, but I guess thats how much we know. Well at least we're not the only ones. Good Luck....

I was accepted to LECOM, and paid the money($1500!) to keep my seat, this past week i got into PCOM, so I am giving up me seat at LECOM, so maybe one of you guys will make it in now.Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
PCOM
"Class of 2005"

Bless you! :)

Thanks..that is encouraging news, I hope there is others like you.

PJMCD -

As an aside, how long did it take you to hear back from PCOM after your interview? The wait is killing me...(you think we'd all be used to waiting by now)
smile.gif

NurseyK,
It took two weeks to hear from PCOM, they told me it was going to be a month, so it caught me offguard.....

------------------
PCOM
"Class of 2005"

Hey everyone !! Good news I was just accepted off the alternate list today. I can't believe it, I'm so happy. It's like a huge weight off my shoulders, now I just have to send in the 1500. Good luck and keep the faith.

[This message has been edited by sporrt (edited 02-12-2001).]

Last week, I sent my letter to PCOM declining their acceptance, so one more spot is about to open up!

-Glands

CONGRATS ssport!!!!!!!!

I'll do as you say and keep the faith as long as it takes.........I just hope it's soon! I hope the same happens to me and the god's of waitlist past shines on me as they did for you. Hope to see you at LECOM in Aug.

Tostra

Hey ssport,

I just have a quick question for you. Once you found out that you were waitlisted, did you take an active stance or were you more passive. I'm wondering if I should call admissions and beg :), or should I just wait around and see what happens. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I took an active stance by writing a follow up letter expressing my continued interest in the school. Also, I work in a hospital as a Respiratory Therapist so I have access to many DO's and I had another pretty prominant cardiologist put in a good word for me. I guess it helped.. Good Luck..

Tostra,
Oh yeah I did call a couple times as well. One time I spoke with Ms. Morse and asked her how I could better my app. if I were not to get off the alternate list. She said she couldn't tell till the process was over, but at least it kept me in their heads.