Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paq314

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got waitlisted at the school of my choice. I am actually kind of shocked because I did everything that I could to put my best foot forward. I visited with the admissions staff on two occasions, I had a few doctors pulling for me, and lastly I had a few students backing me also. What should I do? Should I call and ask what my chances are of being taken off the waitlist and why I was placed there in the first place? And should I put some pressure on the school by telling them that I should be hearing from another school that I just recently interviewd at.
Please help!!

paq

Members don't see this ad.

Paq,

I actually have a question for you... how long was it before you heard that you were waitlisted? Im in the same perdicament and afraid of the same outcome.

Thanks
smile.gif

Poet,

The school said two weeks before I would receive any type of reply and wouldn't you know it the letter came two weeks to the day, however, it was the dreaded waitlist letter!!!!

This was my first medical school interview and my first waitlist. Hopefully, I won't be getting another waitlist letter from my other interview, fingers crossed!!!

paq

Members don't see this ad :)
Paq, Im sorry.. which school? Thats really rough.. I KNOW.. Im waiting and they said I can wait up until MARCH to find out if Im even WAITLISTED!!!!! (state school)

Hey paq,

What school was it? If it happens to be OSU-COM, let me know......I'll share my experiences and what I know from others.....

The school that I was waitlisted at is OSU-COM and if you have any type of suggestions or info. for me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
paq