waitlisted at AZCOM, CCOM, MSUCOM, and NSU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altipalti

soon to be physician...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this really sucks...has anybody heard anything from any of these schools? I know MSUCOM is a long shot for me because I am out of state and they only accept about 12-16 kids out of state but I got a guaranteed spot in the 2008 MSUCOM Class...

I really am anxious to hear from AZCOM, CCOM, and NSU-COM...I interviewed at CCOM in September...AZCOM in February...and NSU-COM in March...anyone else in a similar situation and hear anything yet or can give me any type of info....thanks

-peace-

Members don't see this ad.

this really sucks...has anybody heard anything from any of these schools? I know MSUCOM is a long shot for me because I am out of state and they only accept about 12-16 kids out of state but I got a guaranteed spot in the 2008 MSUCOM Class...

I really am anxious to hear from AZCOM, CCOM, and NSU-COM...I interviewed at CCOM in September...AZCOM in February...and NSU-COM in March...anyone else in a similar situation and hear anything yet or can give me any type of info....thanks

-peace-

If you search the forums you'll probably find info about waitlist for the various schools. from what I know (which is fairly limited) schools start contacting waitlist students some time in May once interviews are done-that's if they need students. however, this does depend on each individual school. hopefully you sent out a letter of intent to your top school or the school you think you have the best shot at. if you're extremely anxious about everything it wouldn't hurt to call the admissions office at each school and find out a timetable for anything. good luck with everything

yeah ive pretty much done all that...shoot letter of intent...ive sent MANY letters reinforcing my desire to attend the schools etc... keeping them up to date with my activities and what not...i just hope i find out soon so wherever i get in i can start looking for a place and what not...

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah ive pretty much done all that...shoot letter of intent...ive sent MANY letters reinforcing my desire to attend the schools etc... keeping them up to date with my activities and what not...i just hope i find out soon so wherever i get in i can start looking for a place and what not...
I can speak for NSU. Students have been trickling in from the waitlist/alternate list from NSU. The worse you can do is attend med school next year at MSUCOM. Best of Luck!

I can speak for NSU. Students have been trickling in from the waitlist/alternate list from NSU. The worse you can do is attend med school next year at MSUCOM. Best of Luck!

Any idea how quickly that waitlist is moving or if it is ranked? I have been waiting since March and I'm getting stir crazy... also being pressured by LECOM-Br to finalize my financial aid and submit my loans, even though I've been stalling in hopes of getting into NSUCOM. Wait lists are so frustrating!

I've actually been waiting since March as well and I got accepted off of the waitlist about two weeks ago...

the best advice I can give you is write letters and have LORs sent to NSU-COM EVERY week...I did that AND I called Rachel Weiner every 7 or 10 days or so...she said that the main reason I was accepted was because once there was one seat open...all she could think about was me...every time I called in she knew my name...these things help big time...hopefully everything works out for you

I've actually been waiting since March as well and I got accepted off of the waitlist about two weeks ago...

the best advice I can give you is write letters and have LORs sent to NSU-COM EVERY week...I did that AND I called Rachel Weiner every 7 or 10 days or so...she said that the main reason I was accepted was because once there was one seat open...all she could think about was me...every time I called in she knew my name...these things help big time...hopefully everything works out for you

I just found that incredibly humorous, but it's a victory nevertheless! Way to being on top of things.

PS - Poor Rachel j/k :p

Any idea how quickly that waitlist is moving or if it is ranked? I have been waiting since March and I'm getting stir crazy... also being pressured by LECOM-Br to finalize my financial aid and submit my loans, even though I've been stalling in hopes of getting into NSUCOM. Wait lists are so frustrating!
There is no rank to the waitlist. The waitlist and the alternate were combined a couple of months ago. The class is near full if not full already. The spots that open up at this point are those from accepted students who are waiting for another school or sitting on two acceptances. Best of luck.

-peace-

For CCOM, i would definitely send a letter of interest and update them on any recent activities you have been doing. I think ccom likes students who show a strong interest in attending their school...let them know how ccom is one of your top choices and maybe reiterate to them what you liked about the school and how it would be a good fit for you. i would also call and ask to speak with an admissions counselor and see what the deal is with the waitlist...good luck!:luck:

Im one of those that keeps calling CCOM. Ive sent in a letter of intent, additional LORs, several e-mails inquiring about the waitlist. I have yet to hear anything but " I cant tell you anything about the alternate list... no we have not made any decisions yet... you will here from us as soon as there is any change in your status" from anyone. I was told however that movement at CCOM typically does not take place until June, and that spots could open up until the first week of class. The waiting is killing me.

you are very lucky! congrats to you. I, on the other hand, seem to be jinxed with all the bad luck though. In fact, everytime I call, Rachel doesn't even come on the phone. I have to talk to a different secretary each time. Things aren't looking too bright for me... :(

you are very lucky! congrats to you. I, on the other hand, seem to be jinxed with all the bad luck though. In fact, everytime I call, Rachel doesn't even come on the phone. I have to talk to a different secretary each time. Things aren't looking too bright for me... :(

Yeah, I've taken to just emailing her because she's so hard to get on the phone, although email isn't really working out either. All of my responses are so vague! I ask if it would help to send letters and updates, and I get "you can if you want." There isn't a lot of assistance going on. It's actually really discouraging, and at this point I'm pretty much giving up and going with another school... which is sad because I fell so in love with Nova after my interview I would have killed to go there! But we can't all wait forever...

Hi, I just withdrew my acceptance from CCOM yesterday. I hope one of you waiting gets my spot! Good luck :)

Thanks Sparkler and good luck with everything next year. The waiting to hear from CCOM is killing me. I am tempted to write another letter of intent about every 15 minutes. Hope to hear something soon.