Waitlisted at Columbia as of 3/9/2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WakeForest10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out I have been waitlisted at Columbia. Has anyone gotten in off the waitlist? Has anyone else recently been waitlisted? How many people are on the waitlist and how many people are offered acceptances off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Wake, did you find out today by postal mail? I'm still waiting to hear back after my interview last month.

Members don't see this ad :)
same here! i have been waiting since my interview on Feb 18th. how did u find out about the waitlist? email? snail mail?

same here! i have been waiting since my interview on Feb 18th. how did u find out about the waitlist? email? snail mail?

same! I am still dying to hear back from Columbia and my interview was Feb 04th. hmm. The wait is so agonizing :(. Wake, when was your interview if I may ask?

I interviewed on 2/11/2011. I e-mailed them asking about the status of my application and they responded saying I had been wait listed and they would be sending out an official letter soon :(.

Ah Ok. I called last week and was told we'd find out soon. I interviewed with you that day. I was the first one there and was thus telling everyone where the bathroom was and where to put their coat hehe.

has anyone gotten a call for acceptance recently?

I interviewed on 2/11/2011. I e-mailed them asking about the status of my application and they responded saying I had been wait listed and they would be sending out an official letter soon :(.

Hey Wake, when did you email them? and to which email address did you send it to? the one on the website? (i believe it's [email protected], which is supposed to be Dr.Z's email address)

I interviewed backkkk in sept and emailed them last week asking my status and still no reply.:( On may AADSAS, it still says "invited for interview." How about yours?
Thanks!

I interviewed on January 29th and haven't heard anything back yet either. I thought about calling them but figured I'll just wait until I get something in the mail. Oddly enough, about 3 weeks after I interviewed, my AADSAS status changed to "Invited for interview".

I just found out I have been waitlisted at Columbia. Has anyone gotten in off the waitlist? Has anyone else recently been waitlisted? How many people are on the waitlist and how many people are offered acceptances off the waitlist?

I just heard back today. My interview date was Feb 04th. I was placed on the alternate list as well =/. The letter said the list holds a "limited" amount of students, but just from sdn forums and predents.com alone there are alot of people on the alternate list bah! O well time to move on. Hopefully to those waiting from later interviews you will hear back soon. good luck everyone!

I just heard back today. My interview date was Feb 04th. I was placed on the alternate list as well =/. The letter said the list holds a "limited" amount of students, but just from sdn forums and predents.com alone there are alot of people on the alternate list bah! O well time to move on. Hopefully to those waiting from later interviews you will hear back soon. good luck everyone!

how did u hear back? did they mail you a letter?