Waitlisted at DREW....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Don, May 23, 2002.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    so, I guess I still have to play the waiting game....got my letter today, interviewed April 6th, later dated May 20th, so roughly 7 weeks after my interview....if anyone receives any news from DREW please post!!! I'm curious in finding out whether everyone that interviewed AFTER MARCH 29th got put on the waitlist or what? good luck people....

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. darkmatter

darkmatter Senior Member

Funny, but I've received nothing from MCP Hahnemann since the day I applied except for an email response saying that I'm on hold or something.

4. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by darkmatter:
    <strong>Funny, but I've received nothing from MCP Hahnemann since the day I applied except for an email response saying that I'm on hold or something.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I called MCP today and they're sending out rejections soon. I haven't gotten anything yet either. :rolleyes: But what does that have to do with this thread?

Dr. Don, I wish you luck with the waitlist!

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Senior Member

Erkk, I guess I'll get that rejection soon. Good luck Dr. Don, sorry for busting up your waitlist thread.

6. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    no sh-t darkmatter!...it's all good though. thanks Foxy for the support. Now I gotta write that letter of intent/interest/PLEASE TAKE ME OFF THE WAITLIST!!!! anyways, I got an interview for the UCLA Post bac program tomorrow, so most likely I'll do that. Believe it or not...I'm actually looking forward to kicking ASS in my post bac classes and the August MCAT to show every school that has rejected me this year, that my past "numbers" don't reflect on the type of student and ultimately the type of doctor I will be...anyways, I know my south american sister AMAECUA got waitlisted too, but how about anyone else? what's up?

7. jdub

jdub Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey dr. don,

sorry to hear that you didn't get in right away. keep the faith though, as you know, a waitlist letter is a lot better than the other thin letter. who knows when they will make that final decisions, eh? hopefully they start going to the waitlist soon. i am sure they will keep things dramatic and keep us strung out . . .

what part of south america are you from? i am going to ecuador, peru, and argentina in a couple of weeks.

8. Batman_formerly lamd

Dr. Don,

sorry to hear you didn't get in right away...but keep the faith!!

I interviewed on 4/18 and still waiting...
    Best of luck to everyone!!

what post-bac program are you interviewing for? Just want to keep my options open.

9. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lamd:
    <strong>Dr. Don,

sorry to hear you didn't get in right away...but keep the faith!!

I interviewed on 4/18 and still waiting...
    Best of luck to everyone!!

what post-bac program are you interviewing for? Just want to keep my options open.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">THANKS FOR THE support lamd, you'll probably receive something next week...the post bac program is at UCLA (UCLA RAP). It is designed to help people (from disadvantaged backgrounds) who for whatever reason (MCAT, GPA) didn't get in to medical school the first time around, have a good shot the second time around. the program consists of hard-core preparation for the august MCAT (but it's not that hard...I'll do most of my studying at home) and then take upper divion classes at UCLA (through UCLA extension) or at a local community college or cal state...anyways please keep us posted if anything happens, JDUB I PMed you...