• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

LadyDiamond

LadyK
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Okay for all those waitlisted at Loyola: did anyone call you to tell you this?

Also if you got accepted did anyone call to tell you this.

shadoctor

10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
When I got accepted, I found out through a phone call from the dean. It was exactly 3 weeks after my interview. Hope that helps! :luck:

mttam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
i am a late applicant...how long did you have to wait from when you submitted your secondary until you were invited for an interview? was the invite via email or snail mail?

About the Ads

Darkshooter326

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Interview is via phone call. Apparently they put a lot of people on pre-interview hold, so it could take a few months before you are invited for interview.

StritchMD2011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I would highly doubt that the school would call you to inform you that you've been waitlisted.

Aside from one or two crazy stories, I've never heard of a school calling an applicant to inform them of "bad" news. I suppose you could look at being waitlisted as somewhat good, but it's still no acceptance. That being said, I was accepted and didn't receive a phone call, I just got a letter in the mail.

LaurieB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2003
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Some Loyola folks on the admission's committee will do personal calls occassionally, especially if they really liked the applicant. A waitlist at Loyola means they like you, but are out of spots for a direct admit (although I hear that they reserve a few spots for super stars). As for the call, I think it can only mean good things for you. Just be sure to keep the office informed of your interest and anything exciting you do.

Good luck!
Laurie

LadyDiamond

LadyK
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So is the class full and they are waitlisting now?

well, i don't know if the class is full or not. i just know when i called the lady to ask about my status she said they were sending me a letter. she didn't tell me what the letter said so i was freakin out because i thought it meant i was either rejected or waitlisted.

theothernguyen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
well, i don't know if the class is full or not. i just know when i called the lady to ask about my status she said they were sending me a letter. she didn't tell me what the letter said so i was freakin out because i thought it meant i was either rejected or waitlisted.

waitlisted post-interview via snail mail. If you get accepted, you get a snail mail response and possibly a phone call.

theothernguyen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i am a late applicant...how long did you have to wait from when you submitted your secondary until you were invited for an interview? was the invite via email or snail mail?

They call and email you for an invite. I got my invite about 3 weeks after my secondary was complete at the school.

Just hang tight

notgettingin

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
They call and email you for an invite. I got my invite about 3 weeks after my secondary was complete at the school.

Just hang tight

I am in the same boat...waiting. Sent my secondary in by dec 8th, and when I called last week, I still had not been reviewed. Still hoping to get an invite!!

Stoky44

10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
Being on the Stritch waitlist is not a bad thing. I was placed on the waitlist last year after interviewing the last week of Feb (Feb 28, was invited on Feb 20). I got accepted on June 5. What I suggest to all of you who are on the waitlist is send a letter letting the addmissions committee know why Loyola is your top choice (if it is) AND why you would be a good fit here. For those of you who have not interviewed yet or gotten an invite, do not worry they will interview well into April. I personally know of a few people in my class that got accepted after a late interview (April). I would send a letter to the admissions committee about your interest in Loyola if you have not interiviewed. I did this last year and within 10 days got an interview invite.

Also from my experience last year, most, but not all, those interviewing now or later will get waitlisted. However, last year they had saved a few spots for direct addmissions.

If you need any help just PM me.

tandski

MS3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
Richmond, VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Anyone else waiting to hear after the 19th (tomorrow). I interviewed on 2/10 and they said they would make decisions on the 19th and start letting people know on the 20th. Anyone with me?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.