bing12

7+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2010
Status
Dentist
i got my mail today from NYU, im not sure if the list moves quickly or if its very improbable that I will receive an acceptance. When would I receive notification about my status?

FutureDent020

10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field], Dentist
Yes it moves quickly, but they have an extensive waitlist. You need to remind them of your interest through a hand written letter or even a phone call. If not, you may not hear from them until next June. They will hand out many more interviews and choose between these students as well.

Rubber Dam Man

protecting you since 1950
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Maryland
Status
Dental Student
Being waitlisted at NYU isn't necessarily the end of it because of how quickly their waitlist moves... the school is crazy expensive and for a lot of people, that's a major factor which draws them to other schools (granted they were offered admission by multiple schools). So don't worry... if there was one school that I had to be waitlisted at, it would definitely be NYU because the odds of getting in have got to be significantly higher than most other schools

redchesus

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2007
Status
Dentist
Waitlisted too, which was not totally unexpected... that was my worst interview

OP
bing12

bing12

7+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2010
Status
Dentist
How early do you think we will hear from them or can possibly hear from them?

Feb 1, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
probably after the fall sem transciption is handed in, there will be massive massive acceptance mail again i guess.. until that, i don't think they make any announce..

not sure if they send acceptance letters at one time or not
and do you guys know how do they let us know; via e-mail or regular mail? (for post-dec acceptance)

OP
bing12

bing12

7+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2010
Status
Dentist
I want to kno thAt also. I wonder if we can find out what we r ranked on the waitlist.

Dec 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
i was interviewed at NYU Dec. 7 I was wondering if anyone who interviewed around that time heard anything??

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Dec 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I just called Dr. Mejia and she said letters were mailed out today...she asked me if I heard back from other schools...what does that mean?? why would she ask that?

May 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
wait are you guys all waitlisted and your waiting to hear back? i thought the waitlist wasn't going to move till april...?

May 6, 2010
Status
Dental Student
seems like someone who interviewed last Monday (6th) was accepted yesterday (16th) according to predents.

Not sure where this person lives (MacAttack8), but seeing that the person went to U of A I'm sure east coast people should have received their mail by now?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
Arizona
Status
Pre-Dental
I interviewed on the 6th. I'm from Arizona and I received my acceptance package today :D

dentallover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I have not received anything yet. I was interviewed on the 7th. Any news?

dctim211

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2008
Irvine, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
I talked to Dr. Mejia on the 15th and she said that they had sent out letters for some post-dec interviewees but that mine was not one of them. I interviewed on the 9th, so I'm assuming people that interviewed before me have their letters in the mail. She told me to expect to get a letter sometime (early) next week but wouldn't tell me what that letter said. I love the suspense...