waitlisted at nyu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gudluk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all

all those who r waitlisted at nyu plz post so that we can get an idea how many of us r there on waitlist and where do we stand??????/

Members don't see this ad.

hi i got a mail from NYU today... and i m been WAITLISTED....anyone else who is been waitlisted....

hi! guys

im waitlisted too........got the letter today

Members don't see this ad :)
got the letter today.. am also waitlisted...

guys plz keep the thread alive...plz keep posting i am sure there r a lot more people who r on the waitlist...l

I GOT WAITLISTED AT NYU :scared:

Last edited:
anybody from march 10th interview batch heard anything from nyu..? pls post...........

anybody from march 10th interview batch heard anything from nyu..? pls post...........

hey,

I called admissions office today.they said for the people who gave iv on march 10th,they have to wait for another week.I am so scared after so many people being waitlisted

Good luck and keep us posted if you hear anything from them

Members don't see this ad :)
please share your state

hi!

im from india, had my interview at the end of feb.

im a reapplicant. my score was below 85 the last time i applied and they specifically told me to improve my score to be considered for the next cycle, did the same but no luck this time around too....

nbde score 86-88
toefl 105-110
G.P.A 3.00-3.3

please do not ask for my specific scores because there is a very good reason im not posting the same. I have always been a silent member on SDN. Whenever I feel down and dejected because of the immense pressure of the process of applying to dental school, I seek support from the forum. When I read the success stories of people who did work hard and acheived success it gives me tremendous encouragement and that little push to try even harder.

Just waiting desperately for my chance to do the famous banana dance....I sincerely hope there is light around the corner

i had interview on 19 th feb................

hey,

I called admissions office today.they said for the people who gave iv on march 10th,they have to wait for another week.I am so scared after so many people being waitlisted

Good luck and keep us posted if you hear anything from them

hi rpd...did they tell you specific reason for this waiting for 10th march iv batch?????

hi rpd...did they tell you specific reason for this waiting for 10th march iv batch?????

Hey drbds,

They said they one should wait for 2 weeks from the day of the inteview.Hope it helps.

good luck

hi everyone,
i had my interview on 13 march and today i recieved a mail saying im waitlisted. it is so depressing.
what is their criteria of waitlisting anyone knows and what are the chances of getting acceptance or there are no chances.
any suggestions

Sorry to hear that. How many candidates have been put on waitlist so far. Anyone has any rough idea. Any analysis experts please do some calculations.Thanks
hi everyone,
i had my interview on 13 march and today i recieved a mail saying im waitlisted. it is so depressing.
what is their criteria of waitlisting anyone knows and what are the chances of getting acceptance or there are no chances.
any suggestions

any body got rejection letter after the interview please respond.

guys plz respond how many r waitlisted at nyu this time????????????

Do they send rejection letter for those who were not called for i/v or even to those who were interviewed too.

Hey

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Add me in waiting list for nyu...
I dont know ,why all those attended in last days for interviews are getting waiting list? :confused:
Is there any chance for us getting selected??:scared:

i think their seats are full and they gave us interview to make a waiting list

i think their seats are full and they gave us interview to make a waiting list

I also think so. the accepted students are required to submit pre-approval letters for loan by May 1st, so things will become more clear after May 1st.
Gud Luc to all.:thumbup:

Is there any probability of acceptance from waitinglist?As i feel there is a big line of waiting list ppl too.Any idea pls?

Hi folks don't worry many of u will get in to this school, last year there was a good move in the wait list, in my batch there were almost 20 students who got accepted from the wait list, this year the count would be more than that and good luck.

My stats are part 1 88, part 2 81, TOEFL IBT 93, GPA 3.56, NYU put me on waiting list, any one who got accepted from waiting list, still who have score batter then me & r in waiting list plz do reply.

Score is not the only criteria!!!
I think All the waiting list people have been put in the order of overall points you earn in the application process for admission.
Good luck to all in the waiting list!!

my nbde score is 89,tofl 98 and gpa 3.4....i have been kept in waitlist too..i have heard this time even ppl with less score got acceptnce,its all bcoz they had green card..is it true..??

My stats are part 1 88, part 2 81, TOEFL IBT 93, GPA 3.56, NYU put me on waiting list, any one who got accepted from waiting list, still who have score batter then me & r in waiting list plz do reply.

i dont understnd on what basis they are selecting ppl...is that they need only green card ppl..??

my nbde score is 89,tofl 98 and gpa 3.4....i have been kept in waitlist too..i have heard this time even ppl with less score got acceptnce,its all bcoz they had green card..is it true..??
NYU does not look at visa status...I dont think

I know they accepted some students with
Part-1 84/ no part-2:rolleyes:
Gpa; around 3.00

I don't understand their criteria.
:confused:

in my home country everything was depending on scores unlike USA.Here overall package counts,scores,experience,research,teaching,volunteering,presentability...one may compensate another.