Waitlisted at UMDNJ-SOM what does this mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Car23

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happens if you don't get into this years class off of the wait list? Are you automatically accepted for next years class? Help. Stressing.

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Car23:
•What happens if you don't get into this years class off of the wait list? Are you automatically accepted for next years class? Help. Stressing.•••••I was going to take the low road but decided that this question is probably genuine. No, if you don't come off the waitlist you are NOT automatically accepted into the next year's class. You must reapply from scratch and from what I understand, make some sort of improvement to your application (i.e. better MCAT scores or new ECs).

Ussdfiant:
It was a REAL question. The letter they send is very vague mentioning an alternate list after the wait list. As you can tell I posted this on Friday, thus the office was not open to ask my question to.

Some law schools do accept you for the next year, rather than waitlisting you.

I wouldn't expect such condescension from a list that is suppose to be supportive.

Members don't see this ad :)

I wouldn't expect such condescension from a list that is suppose to be supportive.•••••If you consider my response to be condescending then I suggest you thicken your skin if you continue to post on this board because some of the characters on this site will bring you to tears.

Car23,

UMDNJSOM waitlisted me too, and I was a very late interviewer. You do have to reapply next year. My advice is to talk to Dr. Wallace and ask him what he would like to see specifically improved. He may say that you look good and there just wasn't any room left, to apply early next year, and you'll be fine. Or he may have some advice to make your application stronger. Either way it is a good idea.

•Ussdfiant:
It was a REAL question. The letter they send is very vague mentioning an alternate list after the wait list. As you can tell I posted this on Friday, thus the office was not open to ask my question to.

Some law schools do accept you for the next year, rather than waitlisting you.

I wouldn't expect such condescension from a list that is suppose to be supportive.•••••