waitlisted at vanderbilt and osu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daisygirl425

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been waitlisted at vanderbilt and osu. i was just wondering if anyone knew if these schools take a lot of students off the waitlist. any information about either school's waitlists would be helpful. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

OSU - I had heard the opposite, that they actually take quite a few from their waitlist. But then again, that was before they cut their class size by 50! So I'm probably really off.

Either way, they are SUPER late - we're talking late July and early August for a bunch of spots. Argh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that OSU takes a lot of people from their waitlist. I think many Ohio residents hang on to the OSU acceptance for a while b/c of the instate tuition (weighing it against a more expensive private school). Financial aid offers were sent out late last week, so accepted students should be making up their minds soon about whether or not to continue to hold a place in the entering class.

I just released my place at OSU this weekend :( so hopefully it will go to one of you! So that's at least one spot opening up already. I am sure that waitlists will start moving soon so the end is near! Good luck to you all. OSU is a fantastic school. :)

Loyen, I hadn't heard anything about OSU cutting their class size by 50. As far as I know they are still filling a class size of 210 students. I had my interview in March at OSU and that was what they told us then.

I'm also on the waitlist at OSU...so I'm really hoping that they have some waitlist movement soon. ;)

Originally posted by Dreamin
Loyen, I hadn't heard anything about OSU cutting their class size by 50. As far as I know they are still filling a class size of 210 students. I had my interview in March at OSU and that was what they told us then.

Don't quote me on this, but I heard that they are cutting back by 50 over the next few years, like maybe 10 students fewer per year for the next 5 years. I got this info from a current 2nd year student while I was visiting.

I heard they took a bunch off their waitlist four years ago (when I friend was graduating from there). Back then their class size was 260 (before they cut all those PBL spots). Her class (now, this was 8 years ago, so I'm sure things have changed) had nearly 40 people accepted in the month of AUGUST ALONE. I think they've cut down on that alot though.

I still think they have a lot of waitlist movement. Plus, post May 15th, they will tell you where you're ranked on the list. A nice touch.

Thanks for all the info!

Loyen...I never knew that OSU lets waitlisted students know where they are ranked after May 15. Do you know if this is a number rank or do they just say top third, middle third etc.?

That's crazy that so many people were accepted in august...but then again that was eight years ago...and it seems like OSU has come a long way since then.

Well good luck!;) If you find out anymore info on OSU waitlists let me know!