Waitlisted at Vanderbilt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I looked all over for another thread like this but couldn’t find one for this year. This is last years and it looks very helpful! I know May is a long ways away but it’s not too soon to start obsessing. Anyone have a general idea how many they’ve waitlisted this year thus far?
Here’s the link to last years thread, unfortunately doesn’t look like the list moved much at all…

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=264217&highlight=Vandy

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waitlisted but I don't know if I will be cut from the list - I have a feeling I will not make the "shortened" list...oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
also on the WL

Hey,
I looked all over for another thread like this but couldn't find one for this year. This is last years and it looks very helpful! I know May is a long ways away but it's not too soon to start obsessing. Anyone have a general idea how many they've waitlisted this year thus far?
Here's the link to last years thread, unfortunately doesn't look like the list moved much at all…

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=264217&highlight=Vandy

also on their waitlist. suprised i didnt get rejected! My interview was all right, nothing great. During my interview they told us they only take 10 or 15 ppl from the waitlist...so chances are not good :thumbdown:. Especially for this canuck student. good luck for all those who are waitlisted! :luck:

waitlisted too...

Straight from Dr. Zic:

"In recent years almost 25% of the matriculating class is invited off of the waitlist."

So that's about 25 people on a waitlist of what they said during interview day to be around 800. :eek: I think when they mail you the letter that you're on the waitlist, they tell you if you have a high chance of getting off. Someone on SDN got that letter when or soon after they got notified they were on the waitlist. Or maybe he called. Does that guy want to confirm that for me?

So that's about 25 people on a waitlist of what they said during interview day to be around 800. :eek: I think when they mail you the letter that you're on the waitlist, they tell you if you have a high chance of getting off. Someone on SDN got that letter when or soon after they got notified they were on the waitlist. Or maybe he called. Does that guy want to confirm that for me?
I was accepted a couple of months after being waitlisted. I submitted an additional LOR and received a call from the Dean in December telling me it was likely that I would be accepted. I don't know if that's the standard procedure or what, but that's the way it went in my case. Good luck everyone :luck: