Waitlisted????...Now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alisha75

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got waitlisted at Eastern Virginia Med and I was unsure what the next step should be. Do I call them every once in awhile and ask them whassup or do I send a letter or just leave it alone?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should contact them every one or two months, preferably by letter. The important thing you need to do is have something meaningfull to tell them. Try building on one of your strengths, maybe take on a greater leadership role in one of your volunteer endeavors or some other progression. A letter is better because the adcom will have it on hand when they look at your application. If you call, you'll mostly just say a few words to a secretary that's not really part of the true admission decision. Good luck!:D

I think you should contact them every one or two months, preferably by letter. The important thing you need to do is have something meaningfull to tell them. Try building on one of your strengths, maybe take on a greater leadership role in one of your volunteer endeavors or some other progression. A letter is better because the adcom will have it one hand when they look at your application. If you call, you'll mostly just say a few words to a secretary that's not really part of the true admission decision. Good luck!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
what do i say in the letter? ideas?

Yeah, and to whom should the letter be addressed? :confused:

Address the letter to the admissions committee...it will most likely go straight to your file where it will be reviewed when your file comes back up for review.

I just sent a letter to ECU (I'm not waitlisted yet...they reviewed me once and will review me again). I told them all about what I've done since I interviewed with them 2 months ago. For me this included presenting 2 posters and co-authoring an article at a national convention and being taking on new leadership roles within my EMS squad. Obviously, much happened in the past 2 months and I won't have another big update like this again! :laugh: If they still haven't made a decision on my by Christmas, I'll most likely send them another letter briefly describing my continued involvement in all my activities and expressing my continued interest in the school.

I hope this works. Please ECU, please oh please oh please!!

Is it a bad thing to let the school know that you've been accepted to another med school along with your "activities"?