waitlisted people: what are you doing about housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

saiyagirl

how are you doing this!?

Members don't see this ad.

saiyagirl,
I'm wondering the same thing myself. But I've started browsing on the internet for some apartments just to familiarize myself with the neighborhoods around the school and the average cost of rent. I'm thinking of contacting a couple of the management offices to see if I can place a refundable deposit if I see anything I like. I've heard of people staying in motels for the first couple of weeks of med school (if they get in late.) Yikes!:eek:

oldking,

i'm in your shoes (also waitlisted at rochester, but in at buffalo, and will probably live at home in buffalo if i end up going there).

just curious---why are you confident that rochester will go through? rochester is my #1 choice--do they accept a lot of waitlisted applicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I have to fly out to Columbus to find an apartment near Ohio State soon...trying to hold off for a few weeks, but I don't really want to get screwed on housing either. I wish I could buy a refundable ticket....

Well, when I found out that I was waitlisted at UCinn, I cancelled all of my moving plans to Charleston and decided to wait. One problem.......my house is sold and I have to be out this weekend. Soooooooo.......I've rented a storage unit and am lacing all of my worldly possessions there. I am then moving back to Ky from SC to live in my parents basement for the summer. If UCinn works out I will live at home. If not, I paid a deposit to an apartment complex in CHarleston......so at most I lose 200 bucks.....but I'm resting easy.

Stephanie

Xaelia,
I live in Columbus, at OSU undergrad and just got an apartment. If you needed any help or had any questions about areas I'd be glad to help! :)