Waitlisted reapplicants: Success reapplying to schools where you were previously waitlisted?

What was your success reapplying to schools where you were previously waitlisted?

• Accepted

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Waitlisted again

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rejected post-interview

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Did not receive another interview

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Hierophant

2+ Year Member
May 25, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I am curious what the prevailing attitude is on the success of reapplying to schools where you were previously waitlisted. Were you rejected, interviewed, waitlisted, or accepted? Excluding those with drastically different complete dates, did you interview around the same time? Please share your experiences and perceptions.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
One of the memes I've seen for successful reapplicants is that people who applied late did better the next time around when they applied early.

OP
Hierophant

Hierophant

2+ Year Member
May 25, 2016
Status
One of the memes I've seen for successful reapplicants is that people who applied late did better the next time around when they applied early
I wonder how much of this success is actually due to improvements in the application and just attributed to an earlier submissions. They would have to make little to no changes to know for sure.*

EDIT: having issues on mobile
EDIT2: *just saw the post above

Last edited:
OP
Hierophant

Hierophant

2+ Year Member
May 25, 2016
Status
Found a whole trove of people's experiences to speculate over in the reapplicant forum... immediately after I posted this thread.