Waitlisted so sending a letter of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bap2qwrq7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been put on the deffered(sp) decision list for a school I interviewed at a little while ago. It isn't officially a waitlist according to them and my file along with others is reviewed weekly. The people at the admissions office did say it was fine to send additional information.

My question is, in addition to sending a letter from myself updating my activites and such would getting an additional letter of rec from my statistics professor, a class I am currently taking be a good idea? I'm not really taking any challenging classes currently and that statistics class is probably my most "challenging" one.

Members don't see this ad.

Vomitonme said:
I have recently been put on the deffered(sp) decision list for a school I interviewed at a little while ago. It isn't officially a waitlist according to them and my file along with others is reviewed weekly. The people at the admissions office did say it was fine to send additional information.

My question is, in addition to sending a letter from myself updating my activites and such would getting an additional letter of rec from my statistics professor, a class I am currently taking be a good idea? I'm not really taking any challenging classes currently and that statistics class is probably my most "challenging" one.

Personally I would think that getting a letter from someone who can comment on your suitability for a career in medicine would be better. All a statistics Prof can comment on is you ability in the classroom, something that the Adcom has already determined to be adequate b/c they interviewed you. So, if there was anyone you volunteered with that can comment on your clinical ability / potential that would be more valuable. I have a friend on the Adcom at Ohio State and he said that mediocre letters only hurt applicants. Unless your stats Prof will rave about your ability, I suggest obtaining a recommendation that is more relevant to medicine. Good luck :)