Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Waitlisted!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SmoothNC, Dec 21, 2005.

1. SmoothNC

SmoothNC Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Called Wayne State today....very dissapointed I was waitlisted....my gpa and mcat are higher than wayne's averages, i have good ec's, good recs...and i'm an instate U-M student...what more do they want? The good thing is that Wayne's waitlist is unlike other schools....they rank you after your interview, and compare you to people on the waitlist already, so people on the waitlist don't have their files reviewed again, just their score in comparison with others.....so there is constant movement every month off the list....also, we waitlisters should be optimistic because they still have Jan-April regular offer dates once a month, in addition to post-may movement. Anybody get accepted?

2. Doc.Troy

Doc.Troy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I heard a rumor that wayne state will sometimes waitlist candidates who they feel are "too qualified" and will therefore not end up going to there. I'm also a UM student, I was accepted at wayne last month. By any chance, did you make the mistake of telling the interviewer that you would go to another school over wayne?

3. SmoothNC

SmoothNC Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

No I def didn't tell my interviewer anything like that....I was very adamant about the many reasons why I wanted to go to wayne...he even acted as though I would def. be there next fall....Also, I wouldn't say I'm "too qualified" at all...I'm not gunning for top 10's....I'm very qualified by Wayne's standards...I have interviewed at a couple of great schools...I don't know...I hope everything works out for me in the end.

4. BlinkyCat

BlinkyCat Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I totally feel you. I am also above the Wayne State average, but I am out of state. I got waitlisted as well and really frustrated because I would actually go there......do you think they look at waitlisted people the beginning of each month?

5. gary5

gary5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Request a mock interview with your advisor and listen carefully to their advice. High scores don't get you in, they only get you to the door.

6. SmoothNC

SmoothNC Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

I already know this...I have everything else going for me besides my scores...solid ec's, recs etc...My interviewing skills are def up to par, and my interview at wayne was really relaxed..no hard questions at all. It went well....I'm pissed. :mad:

7. Isis33

Isis33 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

the same exact thing happened to me at wayne. my interview went amazingly well, and i'm instate and have really good stats.......but i got put on the waitlist. its happened to a bunch of people so I dont know what to make of it. I just am really going to be annoyed if they finally take me off the waitlist in like july.