Waitlisted

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by briarrose717, Jul 21, 2011.

  1. briarrose717

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I was notified that I was on the waitlist for Belmont in April, the letter said that if any spots opened up they would let me know between May and August. I still haven't heard anything, should I be worried?
     
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. STHERE

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2011
    Messages:
    88
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    DPT / OTD
    Doesn't look good. Did you ask them what number you were on the list? You can't put your eggs all in one basket. Start applying to several for next year.
     
  4. briarrose717

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    It said in the letter not to call b/c they wouldn't tell me what number. This is my second year applying, and I did apply to several schools, Belmont was just my best bet. I have a backup plan, I would just rather not have to use it.
     
  5. gymnastau

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2010
    Messages:
    262
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Rehab Sci Student
    I feel your pain Briarrose717, I was told by a school that they are *still* reviewing my application. Yes, in July and they begin in August. How might this be possible? Well this school informed me after I contacted them in the beginning of June about my status, that the OTCAS did not provide them my 3rd reference letter. The ryhme or reason to the details of that I am still figuring out. The school swears they could not see it or access it, the OTCAS says they should be able to. Regardless I have no answer of what I should be prepared for. Honestly I have prepared myself for a rejection.

    It is understandably stressful to not know what to expect because there are things you have to get prepared if you were offered the spot. I can share with everyone that a friend of mine was moving into her new apartment at Purdue for vet school and received a call from Ohio State that she had been selected off the wait list to join the class. This was 5 days before classes began. Since OSU was her 1st choice school and she was a Ohio resident, she literally changed her whole plan last minute. So it does occur, as least in some instances.

    My only advice is to stay as calm as possible. I find myself overwhelmed with the unknown and have to remind myself to take it one day at a time. I have my fingers crossed Belmont will offer you a spot! I turned down an interview there due to their cost of tuition. You never know, maybe someone will panic like me about the cost and pull out? ;) Best wishes!
     
  6. STHERE

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2011
    Messages:
    88
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    DPT / OTD
    Can you make a contact with someone and ask what you could improve upon? They should not with hold that from you! I am sorry to hear this... :( What is your back up plan if you don't mind me asking.
     
  7. briarrose717

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    My back up is speech pathology, I'm already accepted into a year long leveling program at TCU. That does not guarantee me a spot in there graduate program, so I would have to go through the application process again. I really hope that Belmont pans out although I know it doesn't look good right now.
     
  8. STHERE

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2011
    Messages:
    88
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    DPT / OTD
    Well that's still a good career choice. I have my name on my local cc's nursing list. I also want to avoid it. I fear I will definitely have to go on for a MSN since there is no jobs for AAS level RN's.
     
  9. Whistle Pig

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    Messages:
    110
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I understand there's been one cancellation there awhile back. While it's not over until it's over, and none beyond would-be cancellors might lend any genuine hope, this does not look to be encouraging. What else is there to be said that is not simply more speculation, hand-holding, and/or commisserating? Challenging as it might be to buy, you are at the grace and mercy of your Creator who has not abandoned you, and will guide you to a plan better than yours. If trusted.
     

Share This Page