Waitlister come in and tell us your experiences

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ringo, Jul 5, 2001.

1. ringo

ringo Junior Member

Has anyone gotten off any waitlists? Do you have tips for those who are still waitlisted?? Please share your thoughts.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Call, write, and continue to show your interest. Good luck!

4. tucker

tucker Junior Member

All I can say is: in a little over a month, whether I get good or bad news, I will be so happy to be done with all this waiting!!

5. ringo

ringo Junior Member

yes I agree. It's so hard to move on sometimes when you're just waiting. I only wish that the admissions office will divulge more information as to whether they are actively considering my application. All I seem to get is..."the applications are unranked and will be continuously screen." For some reason, I doubt that they will scrutinize every application on the wait list. They can't have that much time on their hands.

6. What would also be nice is if people had only one acceptance. I can understand waiting a few days or so to get financial info together, but according to AMCAS everyone should have been doing this by May 15th, no later. Now, alomost in the middle of July there are people with two and three and four acceptances...