Waitlister Don't Give Up Hope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blade

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got off the waitlist today at University of Vermont Medical School. I had already filled out my AMCAS again and was preparing to take the MCATs. Just wondering if anyone else is going to Vermont this year and what they are doing for housing.

Members don't see this ad.

WOW!!!!!

Congrats! What a relief for you! Especially not having to take the MCAT again! Are you totally floating on air? I don't even know ya, but you just made my day--congrats again!!! :D :D :D

Congrads dude, you must feel a GREAT relief for not taking that stupid test again and getting in as well...may i ask what your stats were? vermont resident?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Just out of curiousity, when do classes start at UVM? I'm just wondering how close to the wire you were.

Hey thanks alot!! Orientation starts on Monday and classes start on Tuesday, so it was really close to the wire. I'm from CT. I am gonna go out and celebrate now!

Congratulations! After months of waiting, ending up on 6 waitlists, and starting to reapply for a third time; I got into 2 schools a couple of weeks ago and will be attending Tufts starting August 27. So I know personally how you must feel now, what a relief!

Katie,
Congratulations to you, too! I REALLY hope to be in your shoes soon. This is my second year applying and I am still on UMass' waitlist (also for the second time). I really hope I get that call; I don't want to retake the MCAT and do all of this again. Well, anyway, congrats. Go out and celebrate and keep your fingers crossed for the little folk (like me :) )

Gary

Katie,

Congrats!! I am happy everything worked out for you.

I just got called of the waitlist at MCW on Friday afternoon! I applied last year as well and had already sent out my AMCAS for next year. What a relief! The director of admissions offered me a sspot in next year's class if I didn't want to rush there from California. Anybody looking for a roomate in Milwaukee? ;)

hi everyone,
reading all your posts certainly do give me hope...im still on a waitlist (and haven't been accepted anywhere yet). does anyone have any tips as to how to go about dealing with the adcoms, with less than two weeks left before orientation starts? those of you who got in at the last minute, how aggressive were you?
thanks and i wish everyone else out there who's still waiting the best of luck and i hope that everything works out for everyone! :)

Pipi,

Awesome! I, too, was in a similar situation...from California...given up on my waitlisted schools and turned in another AMCAS application. MCW offered me admission two weeks ago, and being the type of person that couldn't move from California to Wisconsin in a matter of weeks, I requested deferred admission. I start in August 2002 (they must be desperate to find people for August 2002 because of the AMCAS fiasco).

BTW, Pipi, will you be starting this fall or next fall?

Congrats Pipi (MCW, baby!), congrats to those that have been accepted by other schools...and best wishes to those still waitlisted...I know how you people.

MCV also has openings; yesterday was orientation and a lot of people did not show up for roll call. The admissions guy said to hold tight till friday. good luck