waitlisters: anyone know if there's movement on Penn State's list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ringo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear from Penn State but haven't heard a peep. Does anyone have info as to whether their list is moving or if anyone is declining an acceptance there. Does anyone have advice as to what waitlisters should do?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about how the list is moving. I do know that I turned down an acceptance from Penn State last week, so there is at least a tiny bit of movement. :)

If you haven't already, I would call the office and ask if they have any information about the waitlist status. That provided some pretty helpful info for me. Also, I would write a letter of intent, since it sounds like you would definitely go if accepted. Make sure they know how much you want them! And keep them posted on things you are doing--research, volunteering, etc.

I hope some of that is helpful. Anyway, good luck! Penn State is a great school, with awesome people--I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks BBB for the info. I actually called Penn State last week and they wouldnt' tell me much--just that they didn't rank their waitlist. If I may ask, what type of info did they tell you?

Oops--I wasn't very clear in my previous post. The info I received was from 2 other schools, not Penn State. I didn't make any calls to them.

However, one that I did call said the same thing to me: that it wasn't ranked. They did mention that there was still movement and that I should communicate with them in writing. I sent a letter of intent and was accepted a few weeks later, so maybe it really does work.

Hope that helps...