Waitlists and pride

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone else get pissed off when they get waitlisted, and feel tempted to send the school a rejection letter immediately after receiving such a slap in the face? i mean, if a school cant see the obvious merit in you right away is it really worth your attention, let alone groveling?

ok maybe im not 100% serious but i still wanted to get it out

Members don't see this ad.

Even "The Donald" has to be patient at times.

:smuggrin:

G'd luck Shredder.

I'd rather have that than a rejection. You never know how much movement there will be, or where you are on the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it would be awesome if everyone who was waitlisted "rejected" those schools...more spaces for the rest of us :D

What is your plan of attack after being waitlisted? I got waitlisted at a school that I'd be psyched to go to, but now (out of pride) it is no longer my top choice. Should we send a letter and say that we're still interested in the school or do they only want letters that say you'll go there if you get off the waitlist?

Shredder said:
does anyone else get pissed off when they get waitlisted, and feel tempted to send the school a rejection letter immediately after receiving such a slap in the face? i mean, if a school cant see the obvious merit in you right away is it really worth your attention, let alone groveling?

ok maybe im not 100% serious but i still wanted to get it out

When you get accepted somewhere else, then send the school that waitlisted you a rejection letter. Make it as formal and curt as possible. For example:

Dear XXXXXX Medical School,
I have recieved an unusual amount of acceptances to medical colleges this application cycle. Unfortunately, I am not able to accept all of them. Taking that into considersation, I will have to reject your offer of the wait list this term. This is not a reflection on you as an institution. I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Shredder

I would love to be there when the admissions officer reads that. I'll bet the look of confusion would be priceless.