waitlists at these schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by vyc, Mar 2, 2002.

1. vyc

vyc Senior Member

i have a friend who's been waitlisted at NYMC, MCP, and Penn State. she doesn't have easy access to the internet so i told her i'd post on here to find out any info.

does anyone know how much movement there will be off these lists?
    also, will they tell you where you are on the list?

any other info would be much appreciated!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amy

Amy Animal Lover
    Physician

Attending Physician
    There's no way to tell how much movement there will be. You just have to wait it out (as frustrating as that is). As for finding out your rank on the list, it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

4. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

Pre-Veterinary
    Check out USnews.com, and you can see how many people the schools admit compared to how many actually enroll. This can give you a rought idea of how much movement there will be.

5. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
    <strong>Check out USnews.com, and you can see how many people the schools admit compared to how many actually enroll. This can give you a rought idea of how much movement there will be.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does the # of accepted include people who got off the waitlists?

6. vyc

vyc Senior Member

i must be dumb... i can't find exactly where i find these numbers...? i only see the rankings...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
    <strong>Check out USnews.com, and you can see how many people the schools admit compared to how many actually enroll. This can give you a rought idea of how much movement there will be.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

7. WaitingImpatiently

WaitingImpatiently Long Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Legi:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
    <strong>Check out USnews.com, and you can see how many people the schools admit compared to how many actually enroll. This can give you a rought idea of how much movement there will be.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does the # of accepted include people who got off the waitlists?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Legi

Yes, it does. That complicates the whole situation, I know.

8. souljah1

souljah1 Attending

vyc, you can click on a school and there is an option to compare it with other schools. put in the other schools and enter them. your results will include how many students in total were granted acceptances (includes movement on the waitlist). usually schools don't give outright acceptances excessively. in other words, many of those acceptances will be granted to waitlisters. (depends on the school though).