waitlists at these schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vyc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a friend who's been waitlisted at NYMC, MCP, and Penn State. she doesn't have easy access to the internet so i told her i'd post on here to find out any info.

does anyone know how much movement there will be off these lists?
also, will they tell you where you are on the list?

any other info would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

There's no way to tell how much movement there will be. You just have to wait it out (as frustrating as that is). As for finding out your rank on the list, it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Check out USnews.com, and you can see how many people the schools admit compared to how many actually enroll. This can give you a rought idea of how much movement there will be.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
•Check out USnews.com, and you can see how many people the schools admit compared to how many actually enroll. This can give you a rought idea of how much movement there will be.•••••Does the # of accepted include people who got off the waitlists?

i must be dumb... i can't find exactly where i find these numbers...? i only see the rankings...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
•Check out USnews.com, and you can see how many people the schools admit compared to how many actually enroll. This can give you a rought idea of how much movement there will be.•••••

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Legi:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
•Check out USnews.com, and you can see how many people the schools admit compared to how many actually enroll. This can give you a rought idea of how much movement there will be.•••••Does the # of accepted include people who got off the waitlists?•••••Legi

Yes, it does. That complicates the whole situation, I know.

vyc, you can click on a school and there is an option to compare it with other schools. put in the other schools and enter them. your results will include how many students in total were granted acceptances (includes movement on the waitlist). usually schools don't give outright acceptances excessively. in other words, many of those acceptances will be granted to waitlisters. (depends on the school though).