Waitlists For This Year...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mercer85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone still on a waitlist at this point... if so which school are you on the waitlist and which school do you hold the spot at now and are going to if you do not get off the waitlist.

Currently

waitlist: Duke
holding spot: NONE (i didnt get accepted anywhere)

Thanks to all who post...

Members don't see this ad.

For a while there seemed like every waitlisted person was too busy enjoying their weekend (a good thing). But great to see waitlisting threads appear again. Anyways, I have my fingers crossed for:

Waitlists: Drexel, Saint Louis U.

If not then: St. George's U. in Greneda

I hope my fate changes for the better in the upcoming two weeks. Good luck to everyone else who's hoping for waitlist movement!

Waitlists: EVMS, Cinci (probably dead-end)
Holding Spot: None

Really holding out hope for EVMS, top choice.

If I don't get in this year...

Reapply to ~18 MD programs
Apply to ~6-8 DO programs

Use what I've learned and see what happens in Round 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh ...

Waitlist: EVMS and UNC
Acceptances: none

I'm really hoping to get off the waitlist at either place, but everything would be much simpler if UNC said yes as I could just walk up the street :p

I've already started my third year of applications though, having polished of a revised PS this weekend - it's easier to focus on things you can do rather than the purgatory that is waitlists.

Waitlists: GW and Mount Sinai
Holding Spot: None :(

I'm waitlisted at 3 places. OSU, UIC and Wayne State. I doubt I am going to get in so I started the reapplication process. This bites. :mad:

Waitlists: Drew, University of Michigan and VCU
Holding spots: 0

Waitlist : Drexel, downstate, SLU
Holding: none

Already started the reapplication process and starting to look for places in DC for SMP.

mercer85 said:
anyone still on a waitlist at this point... if so which school are you on the waitlist and which school do you hold the spot at now and are going to if you do not get off the waitlist.

Currently

waitlist: Duke
holding spot: NONE (i didnt get accepted anywhere)

Thanks to all who post...

waitlists: wayne state, michigan state
holding spot: none :(

Remaining Waitlists (CCLCM started school): Northwestern, Jefferson, Wayne State

Acceptances: 0

*As of right now, I have already submitted my AMCAS 2007 for EDP at Jefferson (got the dean's recommendation to do this). I don't mind waiting another couple of months to get in....and total application fees will be $240 as opposed to a few g's. So its really not that bad I guess.....but I would LOVE for Northwestern to dial me up.

Waitlists: Texas A&M, UT Houston, Stritch, UIC
Declined Acceptance: VCU
Holding: SIU

Waitlist: Boston University, George Washington University, Jefferson Medical College, Temple University

Holding: SUNY-Downstate
Just got off waitlist: Tufts University (still deciding)

SmoothNC, CCLCM seemed nice when I interviewed...would have liked to have been at least waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist: Temple University, Albany Medical College
Holding: Nowhere :(

Sentrosi, you staying on Temple's list? You know anything about size of their list/tiers, anything?

sentrosi said:
Waitlist: Boston University, George Washington University, Jefferson Medical College, Temple University

Holding: SUNY-Downstate
Just got off waitlist: Tufts University (still deciding)

SmoothNC, CCLCM seemed nice when I interviewed...would have liked to have been at least waitlisted.

Yeah I liked CCLCM a lot...I was actually on the "high alternate list"...within the top 20 people...but got no love....the class size of 32 just makes it so hard to get in.

Anybody holding an OOS spot at Iowa but waitlisted/accepted somewhere else they prefer?

Any of you guys holding onto D.O. seats?

Waitlisted: Sinai
Accepted: NYMC

waitlisted: AECOM

accepted: Rosalind Franklin (orientation starts in 9 days, so it looks like im going there)

Waitlisted: uci, ucsf, and uconn but im accepted at mcw, and im in milwaukee right now! so im pretty much set on it at this point.

in at umass, just got off the tufts waitlist, and still waitlisted at SINAI (the DREAM)

probably going to jump on with the tuftees and then jump ship if sinai offers me a spot. otherwise tufts is cool too! :oops:

SmoothNC said:
Yeah I liked CCLCM a lot...I was actually on the "high alternate list"...within the top 20 people...but got no love....the class size of 32 just makes it so hard to get in.
Yeah. Such a small class size. It's hard. One of my friends from undergrad in the class before me is there. She likes it a lot.

sentrosi said:
Yeah. Such a small class size. It's hard. One of my friends from undergrad in the class before me is there. She likes it a lot.
Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about some of you not getting in off the waitlist. :( FYI, we did already start school here, so they aren't going to accept anyone else for this year. Good luck to everyone who is still on waitlists; I hope you get in. :luck:

-CCLCMer

waitlist: drexel, vcu, gw

accepted: none

ACCEPT ME ALREADY GW!!!!!!

waitlisted: PSU and SLU

accepted: KCOM and AZCOM (both DO progs) ;)

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to all!!!!!

Dont lose hope guys. I just got accepted off a waitlist that I was sure was not going to move. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL

waitlisted: UVM
accepted: 0
:(

CuddlyKumquat said:
Dont lose hope guys. I just got accepted off a waitlist that I was sure was not going to move. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL

Congrats, and thanks for letting us know...I feel like I can use any hope at this point. 2-3 more weeks left... :confused: